Services in Texas

Discuss getting a diagnosis, educational help & electronic devices and apps for autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

RanChu21

Services in Texas

Postby RanChu21 » Thu May 28, 2015 10:14 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am glad I found a forum like this. I have a 4 year old son who was diagnosed with mild to moderate autism since he was around 2+. It has been hard at the same time fulfilling to be in this journey with him. The hope of having him outgrow or overcome this still burns fire within our hearts as Parents.

We currently reside in California and he is currently receiving some support/services from the School District and Regional Center. He gets to go to school together with special kids like him where they receive Speech Therapy, OT, and other activities that would help him cope up and overcome certain behaviors. He also gets ABA Services (provided by Regional Center) when he gets home. We have been actively involved and have seen the benefits of all these services provided by the State of California.

Me and my wife have been considering to move/relocate to Texas (hopefully sometime in the future) and we are currently doing some research if Texas also have the same type of services that California provides?

Any comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated. :)

Return to “Autism Support/Education/Technology”