Adult with Asperger's Seeking Help

Discuss getting a diagnosis, educational help & electronic devices and apps for autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

aspie85

Adult with Asperger's Seeking Help

Postby aspie85 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:27 pm

I am a 30 year old woman with Asperger's Syndrome. (Honestly, I hate calling myself a "woman".)

I have been chronically homeless for several years. I have been in and out of hospitals, crisis stabilization residential units, and homes for women recovering from destructive lifestyles.

I have limited options for short term / transitional shelter and no current options for long term support / housing / skills training that many adults with Asperger's find themselves in need of - especially if their own family is of no help.

I am not here to be criticized or interrogated. (Thank you for all kind responses.) I simply want to know if anyone in the United States has any information that could be helpful in my current situation.

What type of information am I asking for? See list of helpful information:

long term housing solution for adults with developmental disabilities and/or Asperger's Syndrome.
long term support services for adults with ... (see above)
short term (at least 6 months) housing solutions for adults with ... (see above)
any 1-800 numbers that may be of assistance.
any helpful advice that you may have for an adult with ... (see above)

HALT1980

Re: Adult with Asperger's Seeking Help

Postby HALT1980 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:52 pm

Well many times help is local so what city, state are you located?? Or at the very least state.

You could also visit churches in your area about any help they may have or information for you. I know we often have people who come to our church in need of help (sometimes we can and other times we have to send them elsewhere for help).
the old "mommyjen"
~Mommy to 6 wonderful kids~

Return to “Autism Support/Education/Technology”