need low salicylate recipes

Recipes for special diets or picky eaters (GFCF, SCD, yeast- or sugar-free, etc.)

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Forum rules
Please credit the authors of recipes posted here.
Janie

need low salicylate recipes

Postby Janie » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:33 pm

I'm asking for a friend who has a problem with salicylates - any recipes, websites, or book suggestions would be appreciated!
Mom to one 6 yr old - HFA

amanda NC

Re: need low salicylate recipes

Postby amanda NC » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:47 pm

We follow the Feingold diet--which, along with being petrochemical-free, is also low salicylate. If you google "Feingold recipes" you will come up with a bunch. Also, if you join the Feingold foundation, you will get their packet of materials PLUS access to their very, very wonderful chat board. I belonged for a couple of years, and it was a fabulous board, with incredible cooks and great recipes.
Amanda, mom of 3

Jtoz54

Postby Jtoz54 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:39 pm

Hi there are some good low sal recipes in the book, "Salicylate Intolerance and The Healthier I Ate the Sicker I Got."

Leigh23

Postby Leigh23 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:29 am

Google bill granger chicken and leek pies - just leave out the cayenne pepper. They are great, Potato, leek and chicken soup is also fine. Home made chicken meatballs - I add leek, carrot and apple and parsley but you could do pear, and leek and parsely and chive. Home made beef and leek pies are also fine. Depending on where you are a failsafe sausage.

Just a couple of suggestions, let me know if you want more.

Theodosia04

Postby Theodosia04 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:09 am

Applesauce Cake
1 cup teff flour 1 1/2 cups applesauce
1 cup rice flour 1 tbsp oil
1 tsp baking soda 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
1/2 cup carob 1 egg
1/4 tsp salt 3-4 tbsp apple butter
Combine wet ingredients and mix with dry ingredients. Pour into oiled 9” square pan.
Bake @ 350 for 30 minutes.
Oat Scones
(sugar free & wheat free)
1 3/4 cup spelt flour or a combination of oat & brown rice flour
1/2 cup oats
2 tbsp Fruit Source
4 tbsp butter
3/4 cup buttermilk (or soy milk soured with lemon juice)
1 egg
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350?. Coat a cookie sheet with oil spray. Combine dry ingredients. Cut in butter. Beat together milk and egg and stir into dry mixture. Knead 5-6 times with floured hands. Pat into 8 inch circle and score into 8 pieces. Do not cut all the way through. Bake approximately 15 minutes.
(Applebutter can also be used. The fruit puree can be mixed in with the egg/milk combo before adding all together. You may need to add more flour if it seems too liquid. This version tastes a bit more cake-like than sconey but it still is delicious.)

Return to “Recipes”