Parasite treatment?

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

amanda NC

Parasite treatment?

Postby amanda NC » Mon May 26, 2008 7:17 pm

Hi,
Well, this is kind of gross, but I'm at a loss at what to do. About a week ago, I found, in the bathtub, about five worms that (according to pictures on the computer I found) looked like adult male pinworms. I freaked out, of course, and as my daughters have both complained of "itchy bottoms" and one of a recurrent tummy ache, I felt sure we had pinworms. My son is VERY modest and I was not able to do the standard "bottom check" after he went to bed to see if there was any visual evidence of the thread-like female worms.

So I gave everyone Reese's over the counter Pin-X several days ago, and have seen no evidence from any of my kids of worms in their stools yet--or mine. No diarrhea, no tummy distress, and no visible worms.

But, my son's in bed right now with a 102 degree fever--third time this month. My DAN doctor is on vacation for awhile right now, and I am afraid to go into a regular doctor and tell them about all the meds we're using right now.

According to the internet, you aren't supposed to see the males at all. They look completely different from the females, and live high up in the intestines. So why were they in the bath water? Are they maybe being killed off by the LDN (we've been using 2 months) or the Diflucan (using it about a week and a half)? Why no worms in the stools yet?

We had a parasite study done maybe two years ago that was clean, and parasites have not been something I've been looking for. This is all new to me. Anyone deal with this before?
Amanda, mom of 3

tmarthaler

Postby tmarthaler » Mon May 26, 2008 7:22 pm

we used collodial silver (argentyn) for worms a year ago..there is also a bioray product (you can ask tami w for help with that one). the silver worked really well for us but not everyone is willing to give it a try because of the silver thing..
Hope
Mom of Three - TG - 13, ER - 10 and Sam - 8.

cescobar

Postby cescobar » Mon May 26, 2008 8:09 pm

I think you need to see a doctor. Parasites were detected in the intestines of my sons when we went to see a DAN doctor. He prescribed Flagyl for both of them (a strong antibiotic) and that took care of the problem. If I were in your shoes, I would not trust an over-the-counter product.

Good luck!

allformyson

Postby allformyson » Mon May 26, 2008 8:46 pm

My oldest son is not autistic, but he is very thin and eats a lot. its like he poops out EVERYTHING he eats, i was told that maybe he has parasites in him... can this be true?, and can i use this type of med. for him? maybe my youngest son's DAN doctor can treat it.
Faith Moves Mountains!
http://recoveringmelquisedec.blogspot.com/
Beautiful 3 y.o. boy-ASD

amanda NC

Postby amanda NC » Mon May 26, 2008 9:25 pm

Thanks, I will call my DAN's office tomorrow and see if the nurse can write an Rx for me, or at least order up a test.

In researching this, I understand that parasites are VERY common. One site said everyone in the country has them or has had them or will have them.

Night sweats are a common symptom, and one we've had for years. Our doctor thought yeast or metals was causing them. I will be sick if this turns out to be an issue we missed for a long time.
Amanda, mom of 3

allformyson

Postby allformyson » Mon May 26, 2008 11:29 pm

oh my gosh, my 2 year old who has PDDNOS has terrible night sweats... actually he sweats alot ALL the time. should i get him tested?
Faith Moves Mountains!

Beautiful 3 y.o. boy-ASD

cescobar

Postby cescobar » Mon May 26, 2008 11:58 pm

The way we found out about the parasites was through a stool test that the DAN doctor administered. This was something the boys' regular pediatrician missed even though we took them for annual checkups and for additional visits whenever circumstances warranted. If any of you have any doubts, it's worth going through with the test, because your regular pediatrician may not think to administer it.

amanda NC

Postby amanda NC » Tue May 27, 2008 6:53 am

If you have parasites that go untreated, they can cause a range of problems. Nightmares and night waking, and then the night sweats, are a couple that are called out a lot. They will interfere with nutrition, as they corrupt the digestive process--and compete for the food. They cause tummy aches and diarrhea. Many things. So yes, you should have him tested. I wish I'd known to test for this again--sometimes I feel like we're so focused on methylation pathways and such that we are missing the big picture. It's my biggest fear--that I'll miss important things that should have been obvious because I've got my focus in the wrong areas. :(
Amanda, mom of 3

TamiW

Postby TamiW » Tue May 27, 2008 3:13 pm

We do a parasite cleanse every 4-6 months or so. We use the Parabuster (contains diatomaceous earth to kill the big worms) and BioRay's Artemesia&Clove (silver was removed) for the other parasites. This combo is a broad spectrum parasite detox. We saw evidence coming out in the stools the very first week we used them. And yes, many problems resolved or got better with this treatment. Parasites are much more common than we'd like to think, which is why I've decided to do a cleanse every 4-6 months for my family. It helps keep the yeast under control as well since parasites damage the gut flora.
Tami

allformyson

Postby allformyson » Tue May 27, 2008 4:12 pm

Does the treatment you use have to be prescribed or can i purchase it myself and where?
Faith Moves Mountains!

Beautiful 3 y.o. boy-ASD

mbzoltan

Postby mbzoltan » Tue May 27, 2008 6:37 pm

My son and I were both found to have amoebic parasites. We both went on Alinia (an antimicrobial prescription drug) and in my case, the Alinia cleared up TEN YEARS of IBS. I took Alinia in September 2006 and haven't had a single IBS problem since.

With my 9 yo, the Alinia cured his chronic constipation and he seems to be much calmer overall.

TamiW

Postby TamiW » Tue May 27, 2008 9:34 pm

No, these don't require a prescription.

Parabuster is now Paratrex (Sorry I always forget about the name change). It can be found here: http://www.oxypowdercleanse.com

The artemesia&clove is a bioray product. It can be found here: https://www.bioray2000.com/Products_Det ... recordID=3
BioRay also sells K-min which is just the diatomaceous earth.

When we do our parasite cleanses, we used the Paratrex for 1-2 weeks followed by Artemesia and Clove (used to be silver&clove) for 2 weeks. The diatomaceous earth (in paratrex) acts like glass and shreds apart parasites and worms. (Yes we saw evidence that it's working!!!) But it doesn't kill the eggs which can hatch up to 21 days later. Artemesia & Clove helps to kill the amoebas as well as the eggs. So we do the one week of paratrex, two of the A&C and repeat the process. Or you can do one week of the paratrex and 3 weeks of the A&C to shorten it up a bit.
Tami

amanda NC

Postby amanda NC » Tue May 27, 2008 10:30 pm

Thanks Tami--I think from what I've read that you're doing a good thing by keeping your whole family in on the cleanse. I am going to do the same. We are seeing no evidence that I can see of worms dying from the Pin-X that we used last week.
Amanda, mom of 3

TamiW

Postby TamiW » Tue May 27, 2008 10:40 pm

Funny you mention that. I had bought 4 boxes of the pin-x initially after hearing great stuff from another parent. But it didn't do anything for Gavin or me, so I had to move to something else.
Tami

Lily

Postby Lily » Tue May 27, 2008 10:54 pm

My middle son had worms about 4 weeks ago. He complained for 2 weeks of itchy bottom. I actually thought he had yeast. Dr gave a script for VERMOX. He took it for three days. The itching is gone.

He had no side effects from the medication.
Lily

caroline73

Re: Parasite treatment?

Postby caroline73 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:49 am

Hi TamiW, could you tell me what antifungal support you use during parasite cleanse? Did you start liver support and antifungal before the km in and a&c? What diet did you do during the cleanse? I like to follow your protocol for my 3.5 yo that has parasites and fungus.

Caroline

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”