What Are Your Top Six Interventions - Biomed or Otherwise

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

meg2010
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:45 pm

Re: What Are Your Top Six Interventions - Biomed or Otherwis

Postby meg2010 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:58 pm

1. Vitamins B-complex, vit D, vit C
2. L-carnitine and Co Q10
3. Speak Smooth- fish oils with Vit K and E
4. Enzymes and probiotics - definitely regulating bowels
5. Theanine - helping with mood/crying
6. Cal/Mag w zinc.


Just started chelation doing a challege today... having a really good day!!!
son 10-ASD
daughter 8-ASD

jejst
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:51 pm

Re: What Are Your Top Six Interventions - Biomed or Otherwis

Postby jejst » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:36 am

mark24317 wrote:
jejst wrote:Since November 2011:

What work for my son 5 years old:
1. GFCFSF diet, corn free & diet for his food allergy.
2. Omega 3-dha more than 200 mg a day & Vitamin D
3. ABA therapy 4 hours a week.
4. Trampoline & Body and head massage 2 times a week.
5. Salt Epsom Bath-once a week.
6. Vitamin B complex everyday.


From what I've read, #'s 1,2, and 3 are pretty effective. Has anyone tried coconut oil? It has an action similar to Omega 3.


My son can't handle the coconut oil if consume by oral. But I massage him with coconut oil. I use the grapeseed oil for his food.
ASD son 5 years old

FatherOf2
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:37 am

Re: What Are Your Top Six Interventions - Biomed or Otherwis

Postby FatherOf2 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:27 am

    1. Piracetam. It had a wow effect on day 1. Improved speech from non-verbal to "labeling" over the course of a copule of months to the point that preschool teachers were asking what we had been using. Be careful where you buy it. There is no longer a US-made piracetam. Several US companies pack Piracetam imported from China. Some of these imported products have too many contaminants and are not as effective as the one I bought from SNS.
    2. DMG. Almost as good as Piracetam, but gave lots of tantrums and head banging. We had to switch to TMG, which had a much milder, almost unnoticeable effect.
    3. iPad, especially flashcards and other language apps.

Things we tried that didn't work:
    - Methyl B12 oral and shots.
    - Oxitocin nasal spray (went all the way to 4mg/day). We'll continue with higher doses after we finsih the current treatment.
    - Keppra 400mg/day. DS had abnormal EEG but without seizures. It made him very irritable, but he got used to it.
    - Super Nu-Thera. Nice multivitamin, but no visible improvement.
    - Extra vitamin D, C, folic acid
    - Cod liver fish oil (almost 1g/day). We are continuing giving it to him, but no visible improvements.
    - Probitotics. We are continuing giving it to him, but ne visible improvements except for harder poop.
    - Epsom salt baths. Seem to have a mild calming effect.
    - Brain Highways (What a joke! I can't believe that I forced my ds to (person) for 1hr a day for 8 weeks)

Things on the list to try next:
    - FLagyl/Nystatin to treat yeast and C. Difficile.
    - DMG again to see if ds will tolerate it better now.
    - Leucovorin calcium. DS has homozygous mutation in MTHFR A1298C which compromizes his methelation cycle, specifically B4 enzyme level. Adding folinic acid should help.
    - BH4 supplement (Kuvan or compounded).
    - Phosphatidylserine bonded with DHA (thanks to this forum for discovering this). Should reduce ADHD.
    - CoQ10 + Acetyl L-Carnitine. DS has a mitochondria disorder. This should help. Has anybody try PQQ?
    - L-Carnosine + GABA. Somebody here reported good results. I also found some studies where autistic children treated with L-Carnosine showed significant improvements in behavior, socialization, and communication, as well as increases in language comprehension and expressive language.
    - AC chelation. Many here report good results with this one.
Last edited by FatherOf2 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dabaxter
Posts: 4051
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:50 pm

Re: What Are Your Top Six Interventions - Biomed or Otherwis

Postby dabaxter » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:17 am

FatherOf2 wrote:1. Piracetam. Several US companies pack Piracetam imported from China. Some of these imported products have too many contaminants and are not as effective as the one I bought from SNS.

Good post. What imported brands of Piracetam did you try that was less effective? What is SNS?
$5 off iherb.com. Use:REW815/$5 off pureformulas.com Use:RJNXCX

FatherOf2
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:37 am

Re: What Are Your Top Six Interventions - Biomed or Otherwis

Postby FatherOf2 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:52 am

SNS = Serious Nutrition Solutions. Their Piracetam gave all the improvements I mentioned. After they stopped making it, I tried imported Piracetam from Hard Rhino, but it didn't work and the taste wasn't as bitter as in SNS. My son regressed after we ran out of SNS Piracetam. I requested Hard Rhino's Certificate of Analysis (COA) and found that heavy metals were quoted at <20ppm whereas the allowable amount proposed by United States Pharmacopeia (USP) is 10ppm. While Piracetam is one of the safest substances and no side effects exist even if consumed in several grams a day, the impurities (lead, mercury) can make things worse. This is true for all raw materials of supplements imported from China. My next step is to try the only branded version of Piracetam - Nootropil, which is not sold here, but can be bought from a canadian pharmacy. Apparently, US companies stopped making Piracetam because FDA didn't allow its labeling as a supplement (technically it is not a supplement) or as a drug (it never was approved as a drug). Nevertheless, at least one study exists that shows its effectiveness in treating autism:

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs10578-007-0084-3#

jmg6480
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: What Are Your Top Six Interventions - Biomed or Otherwis

Postby jmg6480 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:36 pm

Top Six interventions for my recovered son

1. Homeopathy
2. Verbal behavior (ABA)
3. Fish oil
4. Low oxalate diet but recommend just lower oxalate diet
5. Camel milk
6. Rdi -Relationship Development Intervention

I wrote a page on my blog discussing our best biomedical interventions...
http://www.drewsautismrecovery.com/2013 ... urces.html

satirace
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:10 pm

Re: What Are Your Top Six Interventions - Biomed or Otherwis

Postby satirace » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:35 pm

My son was diagnosed with regressive Autism at 21 months, we had a second opinion 8 months later by a different neurologist at another hospital and the diagnosis was the same.

Exactly 2 years later and he is completely recovered except for severe apraxia of speech and a self restricting diet.

Our top 6 best interventions in order of wow factor:

1. Fecal Tranplant - cured Clostridia Difficile and we went from almost completly non verbal to full intact language over 10 months, but because he is severely apraxic he is very hard to understand. Also brought completely normal socialization.
2. MB12 daily shots - early on in our recovery brought initiation of play with older sister, more eye contact, and started recovery of cognitive function.
3. Cod Liver Oil - Our first intervention along with Super Nu Thera - brought initial eye contact, and some awareness back.
4. B6 - took away seizures - he is pyridoxine sensitive and B6 keeps him seizure free - we have since gone on to include a comounded B Complex.
5. Leucovorin (high dose folinic Acid) - complete recovery of cognitive function.
6. Neuroprotek - took away spinning.

FatherOf2
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:37 am

Re: What Are Your Top Six Interventions - Biomed or Otherwis

Postby FatherOf2 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:02 am

satirace wrote:My son was diagnosed with regressive Autism at 21 months, we had a second opinion 8 months later by a different neurologist at another hospital and the diagnosis was the same.

Exactly 2 years later and he is completely recovered except for severe apraxia of speech and a self restricting diet.

Our top 6 best interventions in order of wow factor:

1. Fecal Tranplant - cured Clostridia Difficile and we went from almost completly non verbal to full intact language over 10 months, but because he is severely apraxic he is very hard to understand. Also brought completely normal socialization.
2. MB12 daily shots - early on in our recovery brought initiation of play with older sister, more eye contact, and started recovery of cognitive function.
3. Cod Liver Oil - Our first intervention along with Super Nu Thera - brought initial eye contact, and some awareness back.
4. B6 - took away seizures - he is pyridoxine sensitive and B6 keeps him seizure free - we have since gone on to include a comounded B Complex.
5. Leucovorin (high dose folinic Acid) - complete recovery of cognitive function.
6. Neuroprotek - took away spinning.

Hi satirace! It is pretty impressive. What are MB12 and B6 doses? Thanks!

satirace
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:10 pm

Re: What Are Your Top Six Interventions - Biomed or Otherwis

Postby satirace » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:37 am

.[/quote]
Hi satirace! It is pretty impressive. What are MB12 and B6 doses? Thanks![/quote]


Because both of these are based on weight, for reference DS is 41 pounds.

MB 12 shots daily dose is 25MG/ML PFS

B6 is now compounded into the BComplex but here is the makeup of the entire complex:

Sig: Take the following in powder form 3 times daily: B1 - 15 mg; B2- 5
mg; B3- 15mg; B5- 25 mg; B6- 30 mg (this is included as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride); biotin 100 mcg; inositol 75 mg;
choline 40 mg

Yes FatherOf2, I cry tears of happiness when I remember how GONE he was and where we are now. The "top doc" neurologist we consulted the first time gave us absolutely no hope. The extended family thought I was desperate and insane when we started this journey 2 years ago. Speech is our last big hurdle, he is SEVERELY apraxic, but after a 7 hour intensive speech eval they have told me his prognosis is excellent, that his jaw muscles are weak from not speaking for so long, and he has motor planning issues, but they feel that with therapy he has a good chance for normal speech. One thing that I forgot to add to the above list is that we also did 10 days of Alinia 3 months after the transplant. The transplant cured the CDiff and all tests have come up negative since but we still had loose stools. The Alinia cleared that up completely and we have had normal stools since. Not sure if it had anything to do with the amazing progress over the last 10 months but clearly it cleaned up something that we were not aware of in his gut and so should be mentioned. And of course it is also important to mention that we tried TONS of things that gave us small gains, or nothing at all. I cried every time I was alone for the entire first year. DO NOT GIVE UP, all of our children are different, not everything works, but somewhere out there might be your answer. And never rely on the doctor alone, Biomed or otherwise - research research research, I found my leads through other parents and we would definitely not be here today if not for that combination of parent information, doctor knowledge and the docs ability to write for tests and prescriptions!

FatherOf2
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:37 am

Re: What Are Your Top Six Interventions - Biomed or Otherwis

Postby FatherOf2 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:04 pm

Great story, satirace! I hope the improvements will continue. How much of MB12 25mg/ml did you give in a syringe? Typically, small syranges have a scale in Units. For example, my son takes 6 units of the same concentration 25mg/ml, which makes 0.06ml x 25mg/ml = 1.5mg. But he gets that every other day with no effect. I would like to give him MB12 every day, just like you. He is 35 lbs, 4yo. Very similar to your son. Thanks!

satirace
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:10 pm

Re: What Are Your Top Six Interventions - Biomed or Otherwis

Postby satirace » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:02 pm

FatherOf2 wrote:Great story, satirace! I hope the improvements will continue. How much of MB12 25mg/ml did you give in a syringe? Typically, small syranges have a scale in Units. For example, my son takes 6 units of the same concentration 25mg/ml, which makes 0.06ml x 25mg/ml = 1.5mg. But he gets that every other day with no effect. I would like to give him MB12 every day, just like you. He is 35 lbs, 4yo. Very similar to your son. Thanks!


Whoops! so sorry FatherOf2 :)
I usually know better than that - here is the additional info:

prefilled 3/10cc BD insulin syringes, item #328438 0.05 cc
(1250 mcg)

which on this syringe is 5 units. He still gets MB 12 shots every day along with all of his supplements. When we started MB12 we were every 3 days, and while we did see some progress after 2-3 weeks, it wasn't until the every day trial that we saw much more improvent.

Also, i noticed in you other post that your son did get treated for CDiff, has he been retested to be sure it is gone? For us it came back 4 times being treated with Flagyl and Vanco. It would come back after about 2 months, and sometimes he was asymptomatic. For us I think that was the lynchpin. He did not have the amazing gains he had until it was gone for good. Formerly we spent thousands on Probiotics, - now he hasn't been on a probiotic in 10 months. He would be slightly better when treated with the Metronidazole and Vanco, but it wasn't until we completely cleared his system of that wicked bacteria that he made huge strides. I think it allowed everything else we were doing to just take off...

FatherOf2
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:37 am

Re: What Are Your Top Six Interventions - Biomed or Otherwis

Postby FatherOf2 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:21 pm

satirace wrote:Also, i noticed in you other post that your son did get treated for CDiff...

We haven't started the treatment for CDiff yet. The Dr's protocol prescribes to start with Nystatin first, which we did last Friday. Then 1 week later add Flagyl and continue taking both for another 3 weeks. I am concerned about a possibility of CDiff to come back. I've read that FloraStor and Culterelle showed an ability to keep CDiff away in clinical trials. So, I am planning to start them right after the Nystatin/Flagyl treatment. My son is also taking Ther-Biotics during the treatment.

Thanks for the advice! Any other tips will be greatly appreciated.

satirace
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:10 pm

Re: What Are Your Top Six Interventions - Biomed or Otherwis

Postby satirace » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:53 pm

FatherOf2 wrote:
satirace wrote:Also, i noticed in you other post that your son did get treated for CDiff...

We haven't started the treatment for CDiff yet. The Dr's protocol prescribes to start with Nystatin first, which we did last Friday. Then 1 week later add Flagyl and continue taking both for another 3 weeks. I am concerned about a possibility of CDiff to come back. I've read that FloraStor and Culterelle showed an ability to keep CDiff away in clinical trials. So, I am planning to start them right after the Nystatin/Flagyl treatment. My son is also taking Ther-Biotics during the treatment.

Thanks for the advice! Any other tips will be greatly appreciated.


Hi FatherOf2, we did Culturelle, and Klaire Therbiotic along with so many others including Sacc B (which is big for CDiff) and still could not get rid of it for good with the Vanco or Flagyl, we also did Nystatin and Diflucan (Fluconazole), although I believe that to be so that yeast would not fill the void after killing the C Diff. We never had any visible problems with yeast on the MAP, MOAT, OAT or Metametrix testing.

The CDC states that after you have been treated for CDiff it is not necessary to retest, however, given that it has become so resistant and is terribly hard to get rid of you may want to make sure it's gone by retesting after a month , and then testing again a few months after that. We continue to test every month since the transplant because I am so terrified it will return. If it does we want to be sure to quash it as quickly as possible. They consider a resistant case to be "cured" after a year without reinfection so we are very close, but I have to say that I don't think I will ever feel totally comfortable that he is in the clear and I would rather cut off my arm than give him an antibiotic which might bring it back!

I feel like we've hijacked this thread, so if you want - feel free to pm me anytime with any questions, i am always happy to share what we've been through if it can help another child. oh, and you are right, my son is very similar to yours, he and I are also both homozygous or the A1298C MTHFR polymorphism as well :)

saber78
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 4:45 am

help please

Postby saber78 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:05 am

hi all,

my son was officially diag at 3years old. at first it was unexpected news.what do ? where to start?
first i started with gfcf diet and i hope i am doing right.
then heard about the biomed. went to ee a naturopathic that did nothing for my son just take advantage" no blood works...." he just recomended the use probiotics/ b12.we hadt o go back everytime pay full visit to get the prob refill.
at the end could not afford his visits so we stopped.
now my son is non-verbal will 4 in sept. please can any one help me /guide me how to help my son in using the biomed
i will appreciate any advice as well
thanks
M

FatherOf2
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:37 am

Re: help please

Postby FatherOf2 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:59 pm

saber78 wrote:hi all,

my son was officially diag at 3years old. at first it was unexpected news.what do ? where to start?
first i started with gfcf diet and i hope i am doing right.
then heard about the biomed. went to ee a naturopathic that did nothing for my son just take advantage" no blood works...." he just recomended the use probiotics/ b12.we hadt o go back everytime pay full visit to get the prob refill.
at the end could not afford his visits so we stopped.
now my son is non-verbal will 4 in sept. please can any one help me /guide me how to help my son in using the biomed
i will appreciate any advice as well
thanks
M

I would
1. Find a good DAN doctor to guide you.
2. A DAN doctor will probably ask you to do an Organic Acid Test at Great Plains Lab to see if there are yeast, bad bacteria, and other imbalances. He/she may also run some blood tests to see mitochondrial markers, thyroid function, zinc, lead, iron, and food allergies.
3. Treat yeast and bad bacteria. Supplement to correct for imbalances. Avoid allergens (GFCF diet).
4. Find a good neurologist and check brain's MRI and EEG to see if there are any signs of seizures.
5. The next steps vary depending on DAN. Some may want to check for genetic mutations to see if the methylation cycle works properly. Depending on these results, they may advise to supplement with methyl B12, methyl folate, etc.
6. Some DANs may want to check the hair toxic and essential elements and urine prorphyrins to see if there is a contamination with heavy metals. Depending on results, the DAN may advise to chelate.

Regardless of which DAN you go to, most of them use similar treatments: GFCF diet, methyl B12 injections, methyl folate supplement, lots of antioxidants (C, E, CoQ10), mitochondrial support (acetyl L-carnitine), a lot of fish oil, zinc, magnesium, B6, and good mutlivitamins.

saber78
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 4:45 am

Re: help please

Postby saber78 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:44 am

FatherOf2 wrote:
saber78 wrote:hi all,

my son was officially diag at 3years old. at first it was unexpected news.what do ? where to start?
first i started with gfcf diet and i hope i am doing right.
then heard about the biomed. went to ee a naturopathic that did nothing for my son just take advantage" no blood works...." he just recomended the use probiotics/ b12.we hadt o go back everytime pay full visit to get the prob refill.
at the end could not afford his visits so we stopped.
now my son is non-verbal will 4 in sept. please can any one help me /guide me how to help my son in using the biomed
i will appreciate any advice as well
thanks
M

I would
1. Find a good DAN doctor to guide you.
2. A DAN doctor will probably ask you to do an Organic Acid Test at Great Plains Lab to see if there are yeast, bad bacteria, and other imbalances. He/she may also run some blood tests to see mitochondrial markers, thyroid function, zinc, lead, iron, and food allergies.
3. Treat yeast and bad bacteria. Supplement to correct for imbalances. Avoid allergens (GFCF diet).
4. Find a good neurologist and check brain's MRI and EEG to see if there are any signs of seizures.
5. The next steps vary depending on DAN. Some may want to check for genetic mutations to see if the methylation cycle works properly. Depending on these results, they may advise to supplement with methyl B12, methyl folate, etc.
6. Some DANs may want to check the hair toxic and essential elements and urine prorphyrins to see if there is a contamination with heavy metals. Depending on results, the DAN may advise to chelate.

Regardless of which DAN you go to, most of them use similar treatments: GFCF diet, methyl B12 injections, methyl folate supplement, lots of antioxidants (C, E, CoQ10), mitochondrial support (acetyl L-carnitine), a lot of fish oil, zinc, magnesium, B6, and good mutlivitamins.


thank for taking the time into responding to my conserne..
actually the doc that we went to was within the dan( did not offer to any of that). i live in canada ( vancouver)...not sure how to find good one(affordable)/reliable.
Q: when u said in point 3 avoid allergens. is that mean stop the diet?
meatime, I still giving him the pro/b12.is there any other supplement i could givehim.
cause i read on of the post that zing stops the theeth grinding. and he does all day plus the screaming(on and off)/hand flapping.
iam really lost and i want to help him so bad.
thanks
M

ScrappyMommyof3
Posts: 234
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:51 pm

Re: help please

Postby ScrappyMommyof3 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:47 am

saber78 wrote:
FatherOf2 wrote:
saber78 wrote:hi all,

my son was officially diag at 3years old. at first it was unexpected news.what do ? where to start?
first i started with gfcf diet and i hope i am doing right.
then heard about the biomed. went to ee a naturopathic that did nothing for my son just take advantage" no blood works...." he just recomended the use probiotics/ b12.we hadt o go back everytime pay full visit to get the prob refill.
at the end could not afford his visits so we stopped.
now my son is non-verbal will 4 in sept. please can any one help me /guide me how to help my son in using the biomed
i will appreciate any advice as well
thanks
M

I would
1. Find a good DAN doctor to guide you.
2. A DAN doctor will probably ask you to do an Organic Acid Test at Great Plains Lab to see if there are yeast, bad bacteria, and other imbalances. He/she may also run some blood tests to see mitochondrial markers, thyroid function, zinc, lead, iron, and food allergies.
3. Treat yeast and bad bacteria. Supplement to correct for imbalances. Avoid allergens (GFCF diet).
4. Find a good neurologist and check brain's MRI and EEG to see if there are any signs of seizures.
5. The next steps vary depending on DAN. Some may want to check for genetic mutations to see if the methylation cycle works properly. Depending on these results, they may advise to supplement with methyl B12, methyl folate, etc.
6. Some DANs may want to check the hair toxic and essential elements and urine prorphyrins to see if there is a contamination with heavy metals. Depending on results, the DAN may advise to chelate.

Regardless of which DAN you go to, most of them use similar treatments: GFCF diet, methyl B12 injections, methyl folate supplement, lots of antioxidants (C, E, CoQ10), mitochondrial support (acetyl L-carnitine), a lot of fish oil, zinc, magnesium, B6, and good mutlivitamins.


thank for taking the time into responding to my conserne..
actually the doc that we went to was within the dan( did not offer to any of that). i live in canada ( vancouver)...not sure how to find good one(affordable)/reliable.
Q: when u said in point 3 avoid allergens. is that mean stop the diet?
meatime, I still giving him the pro/b12.is there any other supplement i could givehim.
cause i read on of the post that zing stops the theeth grinding. and he does all day plus the screaming(on and off)/hand flapping.
iam really lost and i want to help him so bad.
thanks
M

I found one on this list http://www.bbbautism.com/canada.htm (scroll down.) As far as affordable there aren't many DAN doctors in Canada and I know that here in the US it costs to get a DAN doctor, most are not covered by insurance but the biomedical approach is definitely better than what you will get from a traditional doctor. Good luck.
Mom of 3
Daughter 13, Learning disabled
Son 9, Non-Verbal ASD
Son 9, Neuro-Typical

Pietrinaforwill
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: What Are Your Top Six Interventions - Biomed or Otherwis

Postby Pietrinaforwill » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:25 pm

So far we have felt the following helped the most:
1.) verbal behavior Aba
2.) removal of all grain, dairy and soy ( this was huge for us). We follow the Goldberg diet
And , though it is very limited, it radically cleared the eczema
3.) fish oil
4.) Paxil
5.) rdi

Nil
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:30 pm

Re: What Are Your Top Six Interventions - Biomed or Otherwis

Postby Nil » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:44 am

1. CD (chlorine dioxide) / MMS - Led to recovery from ASD
http://mmsautism.org
2. Andreas Kalcker parasite protocol
See presentation slides from AutismOne 2013 at http://www.autismone.org/sites/default/ ... alcker.pdf
3. Coconut oil
4. Fresh Garlic
5. Frresh Turmeric
6. Diatomaceous Earth (DE), Neem

Canadad
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:23 pm

Re: What Are Your Top Six Interventions - Biomed or Otherwis

Postby Canadad » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:07 pm

Difficult to assess what was more important in this list, so it is presented in chronological order:

1. Age 4-6: SCEP - a local "Socialization Communication Education Program". Essentially was actively modelling desired behaviour by example and encouragement, without forcing the subject child to perform certain tasks. The child advanced at their own pace and followed the example of other children and teachers in the group setting.

2. Age 4-5: Saw an Occupational Therapist who specialized in sensory integration therapy.

3. Therapeutic horse-riding lessons.

4. MaxGXL taken since 2007 at age 11. This contains no glutathione, but its purpose is to increase glutathione levels within cells. Apparently proven through a double-blind, placebo-controlled crossover study that it does as claimed. School commented on the sudden improvements within 3 months of beginning without any suggestion of anything new being done. ATEC score went from an 84 at age 10 to a 53 by April, 2013 (6 years).

5. Diet. There were improvements in diet during this 6 years also, such as going from mostly carbs to a more balanced diet, but this seemed to have been enabled by the improved glutathione levels. In the last 4 years there was a further move towards a more ketogenic diet (very-low-carb; high good fat; limited protein) based on Dr. Ron Rosedale's recommendations. Added in a variety of recommended supplements along the way and more recently high-dose Vitamin D3. There was never a strict attempt to remove certain foods from diet altogether, such as gluten, soy, casein, etc.

6. Chlorine Dioxide oral use. Following a book by Kerri Rivera: Healing the Symptoms Known as Autism. This is our most recent intervention since mid-May 2013 and is producing almost immediate and noticeable improvements in ways never seen before. Recovery to be able to live a functional, independent lifestyle suddenly seems to be a possibility. Besides the internal use of diluted solutions of water and chlorine dioxide, this book also focuses on treating parasite infections/infestations in autistic children. However, we have not gone through that portion of this treatment regime yet ourselves and are seeing improvements with just the use of chlorine dioxide.


Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”