Did Homeopathy NOT work for you?

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

JeniB

Re: Did Homeopathy NOT work for you?

Postby JeniB » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:36 pm

When I read that 100% of very young kids will recover with chelation in the age group 1-2 (in around 6 months to a year), I really have a problem with parents skipping this critical window to give homeopathy a try. That's all I'm saying. I certainly believe in miracles, you have to realize that many of these parents are in a desperate place. Many homeopaths will advise doing this for at least a year, a very precious year that could give them their child back with getting mercury, lead and arsenic out. Do you really believe in your heart of hearts that homeopathy will take these poisons out of your children? without some help? I really want those parents who are just getting their diagnosis to take the fact that their kids could be toxic and to take it seriously. I'd feel guilty giving the advice to start with homeopathy first. But, that's what I believe and have seen it here in my own home, and with trying both methods. If a test of any kind shows something in your child as dangerous and neurologically harmful as lead or mercury. Then I'd find the safest surest way to get these out, asap.
Jen
(mom of 3)

iherb referral code: HOF516
save $5 on first purchase

Dani

Postby Dani » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:56 pm

Like JeniB, I would rather address things like gut issues, heavy metal toxicity, viruses, etc. that can be found and treated with dietary changes, chelation, antibiotics, antifungals. I'm all for modern medicine that works.

I just couldn't wrap my head around the way homeopathy works. It was just too magical, too out there, and mystical for me. Our first DAN doctor, a naturopath, was very heavily into homeopathy and eventually we left her because we weren't getting the results we wanted. I even opened a thread here maybe two or three years ago asking about various homeopathic remedies we were given. None of them made a difference the way the things I listed above have. I find it difficult to understand how homeopathy even works because it defies logic. How can something so diluted without even a single molecule of active ingredient remaining work?
I didn't know how strong I could be until I had to be.

OneRockAtATime

Postby OneRockAtATime » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:34 pm

Ok I don't mean to sound nasty but at the risk of sounding that way here is my 2 cents. Why in the world would you be so critical of something that works for many people? I do chelation and my son is on round as we speak. That being said you all are seriously the pot calling the kettle black right now. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get any decent information on BioMed if you don't know where to start? Have you ever looked up Chelation on the internet and found a ton of links telling us how we are using our children as LAB RATS? You have no idea what will work for other people? Why would you try to stop people from seeking out Homeopathy? Do you really know how your Dr medicine works and all the possible side effects from all those antivirals, antifungals, and antibiotics? I avoid the Dr for my son as much as possible but I don't go around telling you all to try to do things naturally. Way to create more division between all of us.

mellowjello

Postby mellowjello » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:01 am

Dani wrote:How can something so diluted without even a single molecule of active ingredient remaining work?

I know this is OT, but to answer this question:

"In a 2007 paper by Professor Rustom Roy, the founding director of the Materials Research Laboratory at Penn State and one of the world’s leading experts on the structure of water, it was demonstrated that lab instruments could pick up energetic signatures in ultradilutions that were not only specific to individual homeopathic remedies, but to specific potencies of these remedies.

Indeed, science has backed up the phenomenon of potentization for over 20 years. In 1988, Nobel Prize nominee and medical researcher Jacques Benveniste turned the course of his life upside down when he discovered that ultradilutions could retain substance-specific properties. In particular, he found that a certain antibody could be serially diluted and succussed beyond the point where a single molecule could remain, but still cause the same effects.

Naturally, the skeptics quickly attacked Benveniste. But he continued his work and further demonstrated that the electromagnetic signature of an ultradilution could be recorded electronically, transmitted via Email, replayed into water, and still achieve the same substance-specific effects in the laboratory. Eventually, Benveniste’s results were replicated. Most recently, a 2009 paper by Nobel Prize winner Luc Montagnier underscored the power of ultradilutions too."
http://littlemountainhomeopathy.wordpre ... dilutions/

"What’s more, there have been numerous high-quality peer reviewed studies showing the biological effects of homeopathic remedies. The most frequently used experiment on ultra-dilutions has involved basophils, the white blood cells involved in the immune response. One series of experiments conducted in Europe over a period of 25 years on a multi-laboratory basis with independent replications has consistently shown the inhibition of basophil activation by high dilutions of histamine (Inflammation Research. 2009). Another study, a meta-analysis led by Claudia Witt M.D. of the Charité University Medical Centre in Berlin evaluated the quality and results of biological experiments with ultramolecular, agitated dilutions. Seventy-three percent of these studies showed an effect with ultramolecular dilutions (Complimentary Therapies in Medicine. 2007). Yet another study—this one also the subject of repeated experiments over a long period—shows the effect of ultramolecular dilutions of aspirin on blood clotting (Clinical and Applied Thrombosis/Hemostasis 2008). And there are others."
http://www.extraordinarymedicine.org/20 ... the-truth/

If you didn't get results with homeopathy it's not because homeopathy doesn't work, it's because it was incorrectly prescribed.
Learning to jiggle when shaken.

JeniB

Postby JeniB » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:57 am

I wasn't saying that homeopathy wasn't helpful. If someone believed that it could totally cure their child, then by all means, skip chelation altogether. I think this kind of advise however, in my mind, is irresponsible if a child shows that they actually have poisoning. Here's another example. If you have say, your mother or child who has been diagnosed with terminally ill cancer, would all of us here recommend treating it just homeopathically? I couldn't with good conscience recommend this to anyone dealing with cancer, telling them to stop all treatments and give homeopathy a try. Now, along with treatments that have proven to work, you could certainly use homeopathy and diet too for healing-this I could recommend in good faith without putting someone's life in danger, kwim? This is what I believe MJ's doctor is doing isn't he? this is why they are curing kids there. They would NEVER not recommend chelation of some sort to a child who needed it. Along with that, they give supplements AND homeopathy to move it further along. But, the idea of curing autism with just one remedy everyday and nothing else wouldn't be something I'd recommend to someone new and with a very sick child who definitely has toxicity, parasites, bacteria, viruses and an inability to digest food. I'm not really calling the kettle black here am I?
Jen
(mom of 3)

michelle

Postby michelle » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:47 pm

I posted about my son and his progress in another homeopathy thread, but I feel the need to do so here as well. Here is a short version.the

He suffered from yeast, bacteria, chronic loose bowels (yellow) burning skin off his bottom causing him to bleed constantly. He had SEVERE reflux. I watched daily as no matter what I fed him (pureed or otherwise) food would be spit up all down his clothes. Between his bowels and spitting up, and autistic features ( minimal speech 12 words or so sporadic, spinning looking out of the corner of his eye, tantrums, no understanding of speech, no waving, pointing, toe, walking, ect.) his body was suffering.

Diet helped. There is no doubt about that. I did try some supplements. They helped as well. I have no doubt in my mind though, that homeopathy has turned my son around completely. He was two when we started and I have questioned myself many times if something so simple can make such a impact. It CAN and It DOES! I have done no other major intervention but homeopathy and my son was SICK. No, I don't claim that he was as sick as some of the other kids I have read about but he was indeed sick. There have been so many WOW moments for us since starting homeopathy that it is undeniable. He is verbal.....WOW! He is not on a strict diet anymore.....WOW! NO spitting up anymore.... WOW! NO stimming......WOW! Potty trained.......WOW! The gains keep coming. I could not say any of this before December 2010. Pre-homeopathy. It has been a roller coaster ride, but one I would ride over and over again.

I don't claim that this is for every child, but is any protocol for every child? My child was born healthy thriving and he plunged in to autism after vaccines. This is what I chose to do and I think we should each tell our story and what worked for us and leave it up to the individual parent to decide what they want to do. My son IS recovering. I am not even a little bit unsure about that.

LSY, if you choose to continue, just know that homeopathy (specifically classical) takes time, and patience just like anything else. Stay in touch with your homeopath, proper dosing takes time, and you may need to change or go back to your original remedy at some point. Also, potency increases are necessary at some point as well. Whatever you decide, hang in there! :D

AnxiousDad

Postby AnxiousDad » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:55 pm

Michelle, who is your homeopath??

michelle

Postby michelle » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:56 pm

Pierre Fontaine

DrMom

Postby DrMom » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:40 am

JeniB wrote:When I read that 100% of very young kids will recover with chelation in the age group 1-2 (in around 6 months to a year), I really have a problem with parents skipping this critical window to give homeopathy a try. That's all I'm saying. I certainly believe in miracles, you have to realize that many of these parents are in a desperate place. Many homeopaths will advise doing this for at least a year, a very precious year that could give them their child back with getting mercury, lead and arsenic out. Do you really believe in your heart of hearts that homeopathy will take these poisons out of your children? without some help? I really want those parents who are just getting their diagnosis to take the fact that their kids could be toxic and to take it seriously. I'd feel guilty giving the advice to start with homeopathy first. But, that's what I believe and have seen it here in my own home, and with trying both methods. If a test of any kind shows something in your child as dangerous and neurologically harmful as lead or mercury. Then I'd find the safest surest way to get these out, asap.

This is my sentiments, exactly. Homeopathy is fine for symptom relief. But the goal with Autism is two-fold; lose the diagnosis AND get rid of the metals, otherwise you leave them vulnerable for the rest of their life to physical and psychological ailments, i.e., autoimmune illnesses of all kinds and anxiety/depression/Bipolar disorder (this has an 8 fold increase in ASD kids during adolescence than their typical peers).

Homeopathy will not get metals out of the central nervous system or brain. Homeopathy works by natural methods and assisting the body in healing itself, there is no natural mechanism for getting the metals out, once they have reached the chs/brain. BUT homeopathic metal detox can stir up metals, allowing them to redistribute to sensitive organs so it is not recommended for metal removal.

JeniB is right, the best chance for full recovery is removal of the metals, the younger the better, so get them out first.

OneRockAtATime

Postby OneRockAtATime » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:12 am

I so wish that I had the crystal ball you all did to know exactly how to tell everyone else to run their lives. Come on. Really you all are pushing your agenda. You know what the sad part of that is. Just to be clear I do speak to other parents on this board privately. You all push other parents away from chelation not to it. You all sound like a cult when you scream from the roof tops your way is the only way. How sad that so much information is not looked at by parents because you all are so busy cramming it down their throats that they ignore what you say. Sadly I personally will post about doing Chelation but not ask you questions because I am afraid to engage you and your behavior.

DrMom

Postby DrMom » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:50 am

This IS a message board where people say what they think. It's confusing to me how people can get so worked up when that exact thing happens and someone does not agree with them.

Try to find a message board where everyone agrees with you.

lookingforanswers

Postby lookingforanswers » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:16 am

JeniB wrote:When I read that 100% of very young kids will recover with chelation in the age group 1-2 (in around 6 months to a year), I really have a problem with parents skipping this critical window to give homeopathy a try. That's all I'm saying.

When I read that same statement, I say, where are all these kids who were diagnosed at age 1-2 with autism and are 100 percent recovered within a year?

JeniB wrote:I certainly believe in miracles, you have to realize that many of these parents are in a desperate place. Many homeopaths will advise doing this for at least a year, a very precious year that could give them their child back with getting mercury, lead and arsenic out.

I believe in miracles, too, and I share your concern about parents being in desperate places. But saying that "chelation cures all kids" poses the same risk. Parents could lose precious time chelating when another biomed treatment might be better for their child. Some parents don't even consider speech and educational therapies (even they they are free and have no risks attached) because they've put all their eggs in the chelation basket. It's a shame.

I have no experience with homeopathy, but a friend used it for Lyme and was positive about the experience even though it didn't cure her condition, which is chronic.

OneRockAtATime

Postby OneRockAtATime » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:53 pm

DrMom wrote:This IS a message board where people say what they think. It's confusing to me how people can get so worked up when that exact thing happens and someone does not agree with them.

Try to find a message board where everyone agrees with you.

LET ME CLEAR THIS UP FOR YOUR RIGHT NOW. I AM NOT ASKING EVERYONE TO AGREE WITH ME.
THOUGH YOU DEMAND EVERYONE AGREE WITH YOU.
IF YOU REALLY CARED ABOUT OUR CHILDREN YOU MIGHT HAVE WANTED TO HAVE A BIT OF TACT WHEN DEALING WITH THEIR PARENTS. SOME OF US HERE ARE TRYING TO HELP OUR CHILDREN SORRY IF WE ARE NOT ON THE A/C CULT.

Ian's mom

Postby Ian's mom » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:30 pm

Just to throw my .02, as a cancer survivor, I have been thinking about it. And I decided if I got cancer again, depending on the type, I would not be opposed to treating it purely with homeopathy and herbs. I have a friend who is an FNP at an oncology office with several physicians. The worst guy there, the one you wouldn't choose, has a cure rate of about 23% for his patients. The best one there has a cure rate of about 28%. Not much difference. I am not saying anyone else should do it. I am just saying that is what I would do, right or wrong.
After the storm comes the rainbow.

JeniB

Postby JeniB » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:06 pm

you know, just because I posted here about how I feel about homeopathy does not give someone the right to call me a cult follower. That statement is offensive and not necessary.
Jen
(mom of 3)

OneRockAtATime

Postby OneRockAtATime » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:33 pm

Sorry but I did not realize this was the feelings board. I thought it was a BioMed board. Starting a topic with the intention of stopping people from doing something that we all know is not dangerous in my opinion is not necessary. I know of very few recovered children and the few I do know of were recovered using either both or one or the other either Chelation or Homeopathy.

AnxiousDad

Postby AnxiousDad » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:43 pm

OneRockAtATime wrote:I know of very few recovered children and the few I do know of were recovered using either both or one or the other either Chelation or Homeopathy.

I know of few children who recovered with ABA,ST and OT alone. I think parents should try everything including DAN, Chelation, homeopathy and Traditional therapies. If it works then great, if it doesnt then atleast you can tell yourself that you tried.

Liz77

Postby Liz77 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:59 pm

Homeopathy didn't work for my son, though in all reality we didn't try for very long. Floortime, GFCF diet, inclusion, chiropractor, speech therapy, and fish oil; all did wonders for my son. I don't pretend what we did would necessarily ever work for another child. I certainly would never say it would work for every other child.

S. had lead levels that were on the high end of normal after a witnessed and know exposure. We treated him with a low fat, high protien diet and gave him high doses of calcium, zinc, and magnesium and some other supplements so the lead would bing to those minerals and he would excrete them. It work in the sense that it brought the lead levels down and after six months of treament, we stopped. I realize now we ssentially did a form of chelation, but it did nothing for his ASD symptoms. He's never tested high for lead or any other metals again, so we decided chelation was probably not the way to go with him.

If chelation, homeopathy, or ABA works for your child, great. Post about it, encourage other people to try, but please don't assume you know what is best for another person or their child.

DrMom

Postby DrMom » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:30 am

JeniB wrote:you know, just because I posted here about how I feel about homeopathy does not give someone the right to call me a cult follower. That statement is offensive and not necessary.

Somebody, not me, said "Ridicule is a public admission of fear" Seems fitting. When you can't engage in an honest debate about the topic, you resort to name calling in an effort to move the discussion off of what you don't want to hear. It's sometimes effective.

The best way to deal with an insult is not to see it. I give the best advice I can, based on my experience of 8 years of reading the boards and parent reports. I know not everyone is going to like it, I don't worry about that.

I don't like all the advice I hear.

JeniB

Postby JeniB » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:52 am

But, you see, it is my opinion and I have never said that I am RIGHT or WRONG or whatever, but I only posted what I thought to be true based on my own individual experience. To me (and again, I'm not saying you're wrong-and if you're taking it that way, then you need to figure out why you feel that way towards what I'm saying, kwim orat?) so I gave my opinion which wasn't against homeopathy (you can go dig up some of my old posts regarding homeopathy). I was just saying all of this because (to me-again, just my opinion here!) I think it IS dangerous to leave mercury in a mercury toxic child. Lead especially is really bad-even the pediatricians think lead is bad. The 100% recovery rate I mentioned wasn't any study or anything, it was a doctor who noticed that all of her young patients that she was treating early on with a safe method of chelation had a one hundred percent recovery in her practice. After seeing what I've seen at my own home, again, I'm not saying "don't try homeopathy". Along with chelation, in my own home, I've seen dramatic results. So, please don't take what I'm saying personally. It's not intended that way, but calling me a cult follower because of my choices IS ridiculous and you know that.

off my soapbox. Choose what you want folks. Just giving my experience. :wink:
Jen
(mom of 3)

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”