GcMAF

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

csm8888

GcMAF

Postby csm8888 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:55 pm

We are doing GcMAF injections through Bradstreet. It has been 5 weeks. Each shot is $90 so I'm hoping we will see something big soon. I would love to hear from anyone else that has been doing the treatment for longer than us.
J-15-Visually Impaired/ADHD
K-6-Recovering from autism

Kastania

Re: GcMAF

Postby Kastania » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:44 pm

I've been reading about GcMAF on other boards but hadn't realised that this treatment was already available. This is very interesting to me, that you have started the injections. Could I please ask you what Dr Bradstreet is specifically using the GcMAF to treat? How old is your child? Have you seen any benefits/negatives yet?

Please keep us posted on what you see. Just from what I've read, this could potentially be a very effective treatment.

hyderhari

Postby hyderhari » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:26 pm

I also read that it helps with the immune system and there have been cases of cancer being cured using these injections. Could you please let us know what Dr.Bradstreet uses this injections for on you kid. Thanks.

csm8888

Postby csm8888 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:36 pm

He is using it to boost the immune system, specifically helping the body absorb vitamin D. Here is a link to his blog that has several posts related to GcMAF.

http://drbradstreet.org/

My son is 6. We started seeing benefits after the 4th week. I was crying tears of joy last night as we put him to bed because he was talking more than ever before. We have been told there are no side effects and have seen none so far.

renae26

Postby renae26 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:59 pm

We are also doing the GcMAF through Bradstreet. We just gave our 12th shot on Saturday.

His nagalase levels pre-GcMAF were 2.9, and we retested after week 6, and it had dropped to 1.2. I'm assuming we're probably in the normal range now since we've done 6 shots since then.

We're seeing some small positives--a little better language & cognition, but nothing astounding :(

It's definitely doing something because I've seen the same rashes I did on anti-virals.

We are to do 4 more shots, and then retest nagalase again to make sure it is in normal range.

I have heard, however, of two other kids whose language/comprehension skyrocketed with the GcMAF. Glad to hear it's working for you!

Kastania

Postby Kastania » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:11 am

csm8888 and renae26, thanks for posting on your experience with GcMAF. rcsm8888, good to hear that your child is doing so well - please keep us up-dated on what you see. There is a local little boy who is doing the shots and his mother is raving about the changes in him - I haven't seen him yet, but his mother tells me that his language has just blossomed with the GcMAF.

csm8888

Postby csm8888 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:20 pm

My son's nagalase number started at 1.2. We haven't received any test results since we started the shots. My nephew has also improved significantly. His number started at .95 and I think he is in normal range now and done with the shots.

Renee-you said that you saw some rashes like you did with anti-virals. My son has developed what seems to be terrible jock itch since starting the shots. I mentioned this to Bradstreet but he didn't know if it was related. But he said the shots might have woken-up an old infection. I'm hoping it goes away soon!

renae26

Postby renae26 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:49 pm

csm--

Since jock itch is a fungus, I'd up the yeast fighters; if GcMAF is getting rid of a virus, it's probably stirring up yeast/fungus.

The rashes that my son got were on his back & sides and would disappear within a couple of hours. Also, they didn't itch. This is exactly what I saw when he started Valtrex, which is why I think his is a viral rash.

Interesting that your son's starting nagalase was so much lower than my son's! Maybe we'll see a big jump the lower we get--hoping anyway!

Keep posting on what you're seeing--I love to hear how others are doing with it.

Renae

csm8888

Postby csm8888 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:04 pm

I talked to Bradstreet today and we are doing 4 more weeks of shots just to be sure we are in normal range. (we still have gotten blood tests back). I asked him if we would continue to see improvement after we stopped the shots he said the GcMAF removes a big boulder that is in the way of development. Now that we have removed the boulder he should continue to get better with therapy.

Kastania

Postby Kastania » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:18 pm

Any updates on this? How are things going?

csm8888

Postby csm8888 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:50 pm

My son's language continues to improve every day. His naglase test put him in the normal range so there is no need for more injections. Now we are just happily enjoying him improve each day. It has been one of the best things we have ever done.

dabaxter

Postby dabaxter » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:37 am

Thanks for sharing this. What test/results led to trying this?
$5 off iherb.com. Use:REW815/$5 off pureformulas.com Use:RJNXCX

csm8888

Postby csm8888 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:11 pm

We had his nagalase tested before we started the shots. It was 1.2 and the normal cut off is .9.

Kastania

Postby Kastania » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:02 pm

I thought it was interesting that Dr Klinghardt spoke about GcMAF in his seminar yesterday. He says that this treatment turns on the part of the immune system that has been affected by bacteria and added that it should be done after one has treated for mold.

http://www.gcmaf.eu/info/

Illyboy

Postby Illyboy » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:14 pm

Hi All,
Grt to hear how people are getting on with gcmaf.
We actually started our first injection tonight.
My son Ilyas is four and a half and has been progressing well with CARD aba, SCD and home made pro biotics. Has started in mainstream montessouri now with sisters and his therapist. His verbal and non verbal imitation has really picked up apace since he started. He is developing peer learning and acquiring skills from watching his environment. He is a gentle soul. Patient and hard working.
So fab to be able to give gcmaf a try. Only my son and a friend's son doing it here in South Africa. Don't know of anyone else.
Wanting to drive for a more balanced immune system - reduction of viruses, allergies and to re-reverse his scewed lymphosite and nutrophil readings.
Nagalase testing not available here in SA...but still were advised to push on with it.

Any pearls of wisdom from other gcmaf-ers welcome.
Sarah (Pretoria)

Karima 6 NT
Ilyas 4 Autism
Shifa 3 NT
Lisaan ud Din 1 NT

jk506

Postby jk506 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:18 pm

Hi everyone,
I read on this forum that some people are using gcmaf with good results. My son is 8 yrs old who is currently on nystatin for yeast overgrowth. This is the first time he is using it. He is slowly improving in some areas but his progress is very slow. His dan is suggesting gcmaf now and I am skeptical about it as it is a pretty new treatment. Has there been any long-term follow up of patients who used it? If my son has yeast overgrowth which has not been treated yet, is it okay to start it? What areas have improved in your kid? What is the source of gcmaf? Is it human?
Thanks
jk

Illyboy

Postby Illyboy » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:45 pm

Hi jk506,
Check out www.gcmaf.eu and associated links.

This is the most reputable supplier.
Gcmaf is a human derivative by my understanding. You will see on the site.
I can't give you any experiencial info though. My boy had his first injection only last night.
Regards.

Illyboy

Postby Illyboy » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:31 am

Hi Gcmafers,
So Ilyas had his first shot on weds pm.
That night he slept well as usual but didn't want to get up for school. Seemed a bit weary but I read that this is to be expected.
In the four days since his injection he has seemed very calm. Low gross and fine motor stereotypy with reduced verbal stims.
He seems very switched on though and totally with us.
Today is a boring saturday at home and he has just pottered around and done his things nicely.

Is this anyone elses experience so soon into shots?

Sarah
Mum to 3NTs and Ilyas ASD xx

jk506

Postby jk506 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:41 pm

Hi csm and others who have used gcmaf!
CSM! You mentioned that your son started having some rash like jock itch. Did you figure out what rash was that and is it gone? I am still trying to figure out if there are any risks involved with gcmaf as again it is a blood product. I have read the whole website with details on gcmaf but I wanted to know the opinion of actual users before starting the product. My son is currently on nystatin for yeast overgrowth and how would gcmaf affect the yeast treatment or is it going to cause a flare up of yeast infections. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
JK

Illyboy

Postby Illyboy » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:07 am

Hi there.
The mechanism of gcmaf is that it is signalling to the innate immune system (into which the macrophages fall) to start doing its job better. Ie to fend off bacteria, viruses and fungus!
Another job of the innate immune system is to direct the second line of defence in the body - the adaptive immune system.
In my son's case, and in many other ASD kids, the adaptive is not being directed at all well by the innate. My son has a chronically evolved Th2 arm and a totally inactive Th1. Which is causing him much damage at a cellular level.

The gcmaf is hopefully going to work at correcting what the innate is doing and how it then directs the adaptive.
So....with that info you would assume, if your child is a respponder, that the fungal, bacterial and viral issues would reduce.
However, I made sure that my son did a course of nystatin and flagyl running up to starting gcmaf as I didn't want him on ANYTHING that would inhibit the potential of gcmaf.

My son is only due his second injection tmrw. We have seen a lot of fatigue and peacful sleeping esp in first three days. He has had sudden, low grade fever on two occasions that lasted an hour or two and needed no treatment. He is also a lot calmer and less stimmy. BUT o won't know if this is gcmaf unless it is sustained. We often see short periods of calm but then he will revert back to nonsense. We are looking to maintain and speed up gain.

Is this helpful??
Sarah

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”