Has anyone used cinnamon/cloves essential oil?

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

jasper

Has anyone used cinnamon/cloves essential oil?

Postby jasper » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:07 am

I read this on the web:
--------------
Did you know that Clove essential oil killed more than 60 types of bacterial strains, 15 strains of fungi plus several viruses? (Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, 2004)

• Did you know that Clove essential oil reduced Candida by 75% after 8 days which is equivalent to the use of Nystatin? Nystatin is the most common antifungal drug used to treat Candida. (Journal of Drug Targeting, 2005)

• Did you know diffusing a blend of cinnamon, clove, eucalyptus, lemon, and rosemary oils can kill 99% of airborne bacteria in 12 minutes?
---------------

My son has been suffering from yeast overgrowth for a long time, so I suspect there is candida in his head. I'm thinking to apply a little mixture of clove and cinnamon oil over his head. Anyone experienced in this?

What do you think?

Any advice and suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Have a nice weekend.

williams_dad

Re: Has anyone used cinnamon/cloves essential oil?

Postby williams_dad » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:49 am

clove oil is very good as a household cleaner for targeting mould
leaves a nice smell too

and yes cinnamon is useful for controlling yeast
http://spectrumsleuth.10.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=43

you just need to be very careful if you are using essential oils
as they can be toxic in large doses
http://spectrumsleuth.fr.yuku.com/forums/11/General/General

Kari

Postby Kari » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:27 am

These essential oils are very strong and can irritate the skin. They are not often used topically unless very diluted. Even then, you should do a patch test. Maybe better to put in a vaporizer or find another method. You also need to be very careful using them internally. Make sure you know what you're doing before you try it. I have used them in candles and homemade cleaning spray to kill mold.

jasper

Postby jasper » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:41 pm

WD and Kari, thanks much for your insightful info. We are feeding my son a tiny amount of cinnamon bark powder each meal, but his yeast flare is still very strong. That's why I am exploring new approaches. I'm thinking either to have the cinnamon oil diluted by silver (my son takes 3+ tsp of silver every day) and massage a small amount over his head and tummy, or I replace the powder with the oil in his puree. Which way would you feel safer?

I know that's an unfair question to ask you. We all live with trial and error almost on daily basis, so I probably have to give each a try after I receive the products. I may come back to update you in a few weeks.

Enjoy your long weekend.

jennylynne

Postby jennylynne » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:56 pm

Did u also know Clove oil is an anesthetic?

My ydd was teething hard and hylands new teething tabs were not on shelves last summer. Our Dan who is a pediatrician told us to dilute one drop of clove oil in one tbl of olive oil and rub on her gums. Worked like oracle.
Cloves are used for parasites too. Think it's in our paragone.

I wish I still had an alternative minded pediatrician. Too bad we moved:(

jennylynne

Postby jennylynne » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:58 pm

Look on The web for usage of Clive bud oil

jasper

Postby jasper » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:29 pm

Dear jennylynne, thanks much for the info. Sounds like I should start with one drop of oil diluted with one tbsp of other liquid. Take care.

mimicry

Postby mimicry » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:39 pm

I have many many posts on essential oils. Instead of the individual oils, I suggest thieves, it has cinnamon and cloves, as well as lemon, rosemary and eucalyptus, all great for their anti/bacterial/mibcrobe/fungal/et al properties.

You can search my name and therapeutic grade essential oils for the ton of info I've posted on them!

If you dilute oils, use a cold-pressed vegetable oil of your choice (I like coconut, but it's solid at 76 degrees..) Remember, a little goes a long way! I don't suggest more than 6 drops per day for your kiddos, another reason I like thieves, since a drop has so much more good stuff in it.

jasper

Postby jasper » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:44 pm

Dear mimi, I saw one of your posts before my post. But I'm still not clear how you used it. Is it taken internally or massaged over the body? Either way, I will start with one drop and won't cross the cap of 6 drops. For my son is super-sensitive to everything.

BTW, where did you purchase your thieves?

Thanks much.

mimicry

Postby mimicry » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:04 pm

you can do oils numerous ways depending on your needs.

The ways we usually do it, are either through a vaporizer or drops on the bottom of the feet. Oil vaporizers are not cheap, but the whole family and household can benefit and the particles are absorbed through the nose. The bottom of the feet is good because it contains the largest pores to get stuff into the bloodstream. However oils have a zillion ways to use them based on your own needs. Some are good rubbed over the area to benefit, some are good internally.

Me personally, I do a few things for myself which my son isn't too big on. 1) I make my own toothpaste with essential oils and baking soda. 2) I add drops to flavor drinking water. 3) a few drops to a soaking bath and 4) buy soaps and sanitizers containing them.

My mom is a vendor for Young Living Essential oils, and I get through her at her wholesale discount, but they have a website, various other vendors also sell their stuff online. You could even become a vendor yourself and sell it similar to the way you would sell avon. I would do this myself but never had the start up capital! lol. I like this brand because it's pure therapeutic grade, but I'm sure you can find others with good qualities online or in health food or supplement stores. I know AmandaNc's dad makes her thieves blend to save money too.

jasper

Postby jasper » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:26 pm

Dear Mimi, would you mind giving me the link to your mom's website for the thieves please? I was thinking to rub one drop of oil, in diluted format, over my son's head. But it probably is too risky, isn't it? When we were using Dr. Sydney Baker's service, he also recommended us to rub over the bottom of feet. So, I will start with the feet then.

If my son does not have strong negative responses to external usage, I may add 1 drop to his puree once a day. Do you think that doable?

I'm now desperate to get my son's candidate under control. His recent yeast flareup caused him frequent vomiting, multiple sitting-up through the nightly sleep, and foggy mind, etc.

Thanks again and best wishes.

mimicry

Postby mimicry » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:42 pm

oh it's not my mom's store, she sells it in her salon. But it's the brand. I can link it.

http://www.youngliving.com/en_US/index.html

mimicry

Postby mimicry » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:43 pm

oh and anywhere on the body should be fine, feet are just the best for getting to the bloodstream. Only food-grade essential oils may be ingested into the body..so make sure the label says that.

amanda NC

Postby amanda NC » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:29 pm

Jaspar,
Are you using an antifungal?
Amanda, mom of 3

jasper

Postby jasper » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:45 pm

Dear Mimi, I already ordered two oils before I posted here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0019L ... 01_details
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000W3 ... 00_details

I don't know whether they are food-grade, but I'm to reorder from the youngliving website anyway. Thanks so much for your kind info. Take care.

Dear Amenda,

Long time no chat with you. No, we are not using any antifungals for now. When we were consulting with Sydney Baker, we used S.B. But our experience tells us my son starts projective vomiting after 3 days of continual intake of SB. So, we stopped. We have no clue at this point how to treat the flare but stopping AC for a few weeks. Any other suggestions?

Thanks much in advance.

mimicry

Postby mimicry » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:02 am

Those are inexpensive! The only thing they don't say is organic or if they are therapeutic grade or food grade, food grade is usually more potent, and less is used, which sort of off-sets the higher pricetag. TG and FG also have less impurities as a rule. You may need to use more of the now foods oil to get the same results..but everyone is different so maybe those will be good for you too!

jasper

Postby jasper » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:45 pm

Got you, dear Mimi. Thanks much for the info. I will keep you updated as we receive the thieves and let you know how it goes. Take care.

Josie

Postby Josie » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:08 pm

I have found a brand I like. It is called Marceille's Remedy Thieves Oil.

Here is the website http://www.marseillesremedy.com/index.html.

Also here is a facebook page with reviews.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Marseill ... e_internal

It makes a good spray to freshen the air and clean it. I use a small 4 ounce (120 ml) spray bottle. ( I used an old eye glass lens cleaner bottle). I fill it with water and 10 or 12 drops of the Marceille's Remedy thieves oil (you can change the amount of oil you want to use.) Spray as needed. It smells great.

If you want a natural sanitizer for hands, surfaces etc. use this method

1 part thieves oil, 4 parts white vinegar, 5 parts water.

I also place a few drops in on a small plate and leave it in front of a fan or air purifier to clean a room of mould and bad smells.

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”