Lee Silsby

AutismWeb Forum

Autism Discussion Forum at AutismWeb.com
ourkidsasd.com Free Shipping Autism Supplements
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MMS
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:51 am 

Is this worth looking into or a scam? They claim they recovery cases with this.

Post subject: Re: MMS
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:26 am 

It's a poison. The guy even calls himself the Church of Humble.. I know that people on the Lyme forum I have been on for many years say it works.

It is safe as a mouthwash. But I wouldn't swallow the stuff!

http://cadesmom.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:55 pm 

We did actually try this. It gave my daughter horrible hearing sensitivity. I know that there are some parents on a yahoo group reporting improvements, but our experience was bad. I personally would not recommend it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:08 am 

Thanks ladies. I got a feeling if it is to good to be true.. You know..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:38 pm 

I don't know. I have some friends doing it and all are reporting substantial gains in their kids, but you have to follow a really specific protocol. I'm curious to hear more about it.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:33 am 

We are using that adn my son pass from severe to medium autism and in progress is very slow but is working for him,only my opinion.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:46 pm 

xxx

Last edited by cimna on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:07 pm 

It's a dioxin, Agent Orange is a dioxin!.

Dioxins cause cancer, heart disease, they are endocrine disrupters, and there is NO safe levels of endocrine disrupters.

http://www.cqs.com/edioxin.htm

Quote:
Dioxin - An Unprecedented Threat

We now know that dioxin exhibits serious health effects when it reaches as little as a few parts per trillion in your body fat. Dioxin is a powerful hormone disrupting chemical. By binding to a cell's hormone receptor, it literally modifies the functioning and genetic mechanism of the cell, causing a wide range of effects, from cancer to reduced immunity to nervous system disorders to miscarriages and birth deformity. Because it literally changes the functioning of your cells, the effects can be very obvious or very subtle. Because it changes gene functions, it can cause so-called genetic diseases to appear, and can interfere with child development. There is no "threshold" dose - the tiniest amount can cause damage, and our bodies have no defense against it.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:23 pm 

Study:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... 3-0059.pdf

Of particular note:
Quote:
In studies by Heffernan et al. (7,8), Abdel-Rahman et al. (5) and Couri et al.
(6), hemolytic anemia and suppressed glutathione levels were observed in animals treated with chlorite.

our kids don't need their gluathione suppressed any further than it already is!

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:19 pm 

isabelmum wrote:
Is this worth looking into or a scam? They claim they recovery cases with this.

The guy's website has all the hallmarks of a scam -- including couching it in a "religion" he created. Please exercise a healthy skepticism when reading testimonials of the "believers!"

This substance is dangerous -- please don't experiment with this on children!

Here is the FDA warning issued on MMS:

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/Safe ... 220756.htm

Miracle Mineral Solution (MMS): Product as consumed produces a potent bleach

[Posted 07/30/2010]

AUDIENCE: Consumers, Emergency Medicine

ISSUE: FDA warned consumers not to consume or use Miracle Mineral Solution, an oral liquid solution also known as "Miracle Mineral Supplement" or "MMS." The product, when used as directed, produces an industrial bleach that can cause serious harm to health. The product instructs consumers to mix the 28 percent sodium chlorite solution with an acid such as citrus juice. This mixture produces chlorine dioxide, a potent bleach used for stripping textiles and industrial water treatment. High oral doses of this bleach, such as those recommended in the labeling, can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and symptoms of severe dehydration.

BACKGROUND: MMS is distributed on Internet sites and online auctions by multiple independent distributors. MMS claims to treat multiple unrelated diseases, including HIV, hepatitis, the H1N1 flu virus, common colds, acne, cancer, and other conditions. The FDA is not aware of any research that MMS is effective in treating any of these conditions. MMS also poses a significant health risk to consumers who may choose to use this product for self-treatment instead of seeking FDA-approved treatments for these conditions.

RECOMMENDATIONS: Consumers who have MMS should stop using it immediately and throw it away. The FDA advises consumers who have experienced any negative side effects from MMS to consult a health care professional as soon as possible.

A newspaper article:

Quote:
The man who encourages the sick and dying to drink industrial bleach

Vulnerable people with cancer, Aids, influenza and malaria are being urged to drink Miracle Mineral Solution (MMS) – described by the FDA as 'industrial bleach'

When 15-year-old Rhys Morgan was diagnosed with Crohn's disease a few months ago he turned to the internet for help, and came across the Crohn's Disease Forum, a website offering support to patients. "I was looking for a support forum, a community of people with same illness as me and some on the same meds as me."

He followed the site for a while and noticed a disturbing undercurrent of people trying to push alternative medicines to members. One product in particular was called Miracle Mineral Solution (MMS), and its website claimed it cured cancer, Aids, malaria, and basically most things short of actual death.

Curious to know more about it, Rhys decided to Google it, and came across the following US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warning:

"The product, when used as directed, produces an industrial bleach that can cause serious harm to health. The product instructs consumers to mix the 28 percent sodium chlorite solution with an acid such as citrus juice. This mixture produces chlorine dioxide, a potent bleach used for stripping textiles and industrial water treatment. High oral doses of this bleach, such as those recommended in the labeling, can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and symptoms of severe dehydration."

In other words, MMS is extremely nasty stuff, and the medical advice given is that anyone who has this product should stop using it immediately and throw it away. In Canada it was banned after causing a life-threatening reaction.

Intrigued, Rhys returned to the MMS website and found some helpful instructions: "Basically, after making it up, you take a few drops of it. You judge if you're getting better by how nauseous you feel after taking it. Seriously."

Seriously.

The inventor and chief advocate of MMS turns out to be one Jim Humble, a man who neatly contradicts the theory of nominative determinism pretty much every time he speaks. In a video transcribed and commented on by blogger Noodlemaz , he declares "I developed a technique for healing by touch," before going on to compare himself favourably to Jesus ("What was it that Jesus Christ did first of all, always? He healed the sick. That is what we will be doing but there is a lot more to it than that.")

continues... http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2010/ ... mms-bleach

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:31 pm 

xxx

Last edited by cimna on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:32 pm 

xxx

Last edited by cimna on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:39 pm 

cimna wrote:
Chlorine dioxide is not a dioxin, chlorine, or hypochlorite. It's a different chemical compound. It's non-mutagenic and
non-carcongenic.

Where did you get ^that information?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:18 pm 

xxx

Last edited by cimna on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:45 pm 

first I looked at the stuff this morning
WDs advice is
DON'T TOUCH THE STUFF

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_Mineral_Supplement
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorine_dioxide

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:38 pm 

williams_dad wrote:
first I looked at the stuff this morning
WDs advice is
DON'T TOUCH THE STUFF

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_Mineral_Supplement
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorine_dioxide

All I needed to see from there was this, "chlorine dioxide has been shown to impair thyroid function".

Chlorine in our diets (tap water, pools, sodium chloride salt) displaces iodine and really screws up the thyroid. IMHO it is one of the biggest societal mistakes we are making today. No one needs more chlorine. There are many other ways to kill pathogens without killing yourself in the process.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:57 pm 

cimna wrote:
You can find an equal amount of factual information on MMS as misleading information against it.

I found factual information on chlorine dioxide -- none of the factual info would support its use to poison children with autism.

cimna wrote:
You just have to be willing to see it.

After reviewing numerous sales sites associated with "Archbishop" Humble and "Bishop" Kerri, I kinda figured that one would need to be willing and sufficiently enlightened to see “recovery,” too. These people have all the hallmarks of a cult designed to victimize desperate people (complete with an “off shore” location).

cimna wrote:
The combination of MMS with a parasite protocol is going to recover many children. Doing a specific protocol with mms already recovered 39 children in 20 months.

That is a statement taken from the first page of Kerri Rivera’s sales site. Caveat emptor:

http://genesis2church.org/mms-home-trai ... ivera.html

cimna wrote:
Kerry McDaniel de Rivera will be speaking about MMS at AutismOne this week. She'll be streaming live video if you wish to know more.

She is not listed as speaking on the AutismOne site.

On these sales sites your donations are requested to help spread the good word about MMS and fight the FDA. From “Archbishop” Humble’s biz site (this site is quite a trip): http://jimhumble.biz/

Quote:
If you can afford $20 a month, then give $20 a month. If you can afford $1,000 a month, then give $1,000 a month. If you are a philanthropist, this is a cause worth fully supporting.

If you can afford $20 a month, then give $20 a month. If you can afford $1,000 a month, then give $1,000 a month. If you are a philanthropist, this is a cause worth fully supporting.

Whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever you can give, please do so - Today. Monthly, if you can. Your initial contribution is critical.

Start fundraising – invest a small amount of time to contact everyone you know and enlist their financial support – ask them to do the same. Together, we will shock the world!

The 3 Things We All Must Do:

1. Make a donation – Again, this is critical.
2. Forward this Email to everyone you know and ask them to donate.
3. Commit to this fight, as if it were our own! It is!

Money is replaceable, our health and liberty are not. We know that the FDA is working with other governments around the globe in an effort to control us. Let’s join together now, in a worldwide effort to stop them.

I will be the first to give.

Archbishop Jim Humble
Founder Genesis 2 Church (Non Religious)
CLICK HERE TO DONATE NOW

“Money is replaceable” – “Archbishop” Humble has certainly figured out how to replace his money. With yours.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:07 pm 

I will say that after this guy started a new church type thing, made me very suspicious. I am not saying MMS is good or bad- just our experience was bad and we only used it a few days. It very well could be a thing like chemo- good and bad at the same time. I don't know for sure. I always have to know more. However, we do still have our bottle as I believe it is a water cleanser- so in case of emergency I guess. I would be interested in knowing about the 39 recoveries. I have not been able to google anything like that at all. Also were they high functioning, severe and how long did the recoveries take. I used to be a part of the mms autism group but I left it.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:40 pm 

marinerito wrote:
We are using that adn my son pass from severe to medium autism and in progress is very slow but is working for him,only my opinion.

How long of a time from severe to medium or moderate?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:28 am 

xxx

Last edited by cimna on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.