Whats your opinion on Dr. Richard Kelly's work Mytocondrial

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Jonathan1

Whats your opinion on Dr. Richard Kelly's work Mytocondrial

Postby Jonathan1 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:55 am

I was curious if anyone is familiar with Dr. Richard Kelley's work at John Hopkins with regards to Mytochondrial dysfunction?

A good friend is using mitospectra and has seen amazing results with their 11 year old child after 6 months of use.

I'm in month 1.5 and although easy to implement....I'm hearing 3 to 6 months before empirical test results should be evalutated..

Just curious if any of you have done the 3 to six month emperical test yet?

FatherOf2

Re: Whats your opinion on Dr. Richard Kelly's work Mytocondr

Postby FatherOf2 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:15 pm

What improvements is your friend seeing?

noelm

Postby noelm » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:43 am

Yeah, because MitoSpectra isn't something 'novel'. DS takes all of those ingredients daily, but I didn't notice anything yet. Its been 2 months, was planning to discontinue next month.
iHerb code BMV549
$5/$10 off on $20/$40 first order
uBiome 10% off http://bit.ly/1xYWjbG

borsooq

Postby borsooq » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:48 pm

In my opinion results of the research is obvious. Despite of that I am not convinced that such a treatment helps most of children. Personally we started supplementing DS with l-carnitine, acetyl-l-carnitine and ubiquinol (active form of coq10). Whta we've got? Better muscle strength. Would say nothing more.

jewelnicole

Postby jewelnicole » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:19 am

My son 9 months ago developed echolalia speech and a few months later it stopped. Thought it may have been the acid reflux so we were trying to fix that. I came across mitospectra and looked at my son's old amino acid profile. It didn't match up, but I researched farther. My son is underhyper, had sudden loss of vision at 17 months old, developed a strabismus, would gain and lose so would consider him regressive in his autism. I decided to try mitospectra. After three days his echolalia speech came back, a few weeks later he developed spontaneous speech, he is back to doing his acrobat moves on his door swing, he is not underhyper anymore, and this week he is starting to put two words together. He never had spontaneous speech or put two words together. He is 5 years old. I am super excited about this product. Do I think it will work for everyone? No, cause I believe autism is such a big spectrum. I know it works for my son and am so happy. He have tried DAN drs, soooo many supplements they took over all my cupboards. I still use enzymes from enzymedica. I am still trying to figure out the acid reflux issue since no drs have been any help. I am excited though that I finally found something that works!

jeffmen515

Postby jeffmen515 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:12 am

Dr. Richard Kelly spent over 30 years developing a very specific mitochondrial formula began.with certain ingredients and ratios of those ingredients to provide optimum performance. MitoSpectra is a highly condensed version of that exact formula. Dr. Kelly's formulation is weight based and therefore may require up to 30 pills or more per day to get the desired benefits. MitoSpectra was developed by a Mom with an autistic son who 5 years ago refused to take that large quantity of pills. With a background in pharmaceutical development, she set out to develop a product that would be the exact formula/ratios with the highest quality ingredients. Their Chief Medical officer is Dr. Suzanne Goh (http://www.gohmd.org) who, at the time of their first meeting, was chief of pediatric neurology at columbia university. She insisted her child be put back on the cocktail and the effort to develop a palatable, practical product began. My 16 year old nephew has improved dramatically on the product. If you contact the company [Edited per rules] they may offer a 30% discount code. Try it! It works wonders!

aquini76

Re: Whats your opinion on Dr. Richard Kelly's work Mytocondrial

Postby aquini76 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:12 pm

HELLO . I AM VERY NEW TO THE MITOCHONDRIA WORLD AND DONG THE FIRS STEP BY LOOKING FOR A DOCTOR TO TAKE MY DAUGHTER WHO IS ALSO DIAGNOSED WITH DRAVET SYNDROME A CATASTROPHIC TYPE OF EPILEPSY. SHE HAS SEIZURES SINCE SHE WAS 7MONTHS OLD AND NOW SHE IS 11 YEARS OLD. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE COMMENT ON DR RICHARD KELLY AS A DOCTOR??? WE LIVE IN NORTHERN VIRGINIA. OR IF OSOMEONE CAN RECOMMEND ANY DOCTOR TO TAKE MY DAUGHTER OR MAYBE DO SKYPE CONSULTATIONS I REALLY APPRECIATE. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR UR HELP.
CAROLINA S.

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”