Focus, Echolalia, Self Stim Beh, Anxiety - help!!!

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

mya

Re: Focus, Echolalia, Self Stim Beh, Anxiety - help!!!

Postby mya » Wed May 27, 2015 1:26 pm

My son has recently started seeing a DAN and has been put on B12. I wasnt going to start any chelation without consulting his DAN. But had to ask the forum about his main concern which is all his self stim - coz with all the biomed and now even after B12 - I am seeing good results - but not for his stim and ecolalia. That still remains. So was wondering what was I missing. Maybe chelation is the answer but i will still have to wait till the DAN tells me he is good to go. I dont want to do it on my own and land up failing. So thank you all for the feedback. This gives me good notes to bring up with his next session with the DAN.

Thanks,
Mya

varen2

Postby varen2 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:24 am

My son sometimes gets extremely repetitive with words, sentences and he is just like your son can repeat the same phrase many times.

Our latest discovery is that my son gets repetitive when he eats chicken. Dr Semon, the author of "Feast without Yeast" diet says that all chickens are fed with cottonseed, soy and other grains that are very moldy. They store toxins from moldy grains in their fat. He advices to eat Veal only 2-3 times per week. I was wondering why my son was still repetitive sometimes. Once I switched to veal, his repetitiveness was gone (however, he was on nystatin and diet for almost 5 months now, so repetitiveness is one of the last symptoms we sometimes have).

My son loves chicken... I was buying free-range organic chicken and he was eating it every day. We took a 3 day break from chicken and he was so much better during these 3 days. When I gave him chicken again he got very repetitive. I used to cut out all the fat from chicken before giving it to him, but this time I just fried it with all the fat in it.

Veal doesn't have toxins because calfs drink cow's milk and don't eat grains. They don't have time to store toxins in their meat and therefore, they can be well tolerated by our children.

This is a small change in your son's diet, but it might help as well.

mya

Postby mya » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:28 pm

My son is vegetarian - because he is still not able to tolerate animal protein. He gets his protein from rice protein powder

I am having my home inspected for mold. I am suspecting mold for a lot of reasons because even I am very short of breath these days.

I will keep looking for subtle things

Thanks,
Mya

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”