thoughts on vaccines for my 6 month old

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Maxwell's Dad

thoughts on vaccines for my 6 month old

Postby Maxwell's Dad » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:43 am

Hi All,

As some of you may know, my three year old son, Maxwell is Autistic. As with many of you, the cause is a mystery and may always be a mystery. We all have theories. I do question the vaccines he was given during his first few years of life and wonder if they were a contributing factor. I am heavily leaning that way more and more these days.

My biggest issue right now is my second son, Miles, who is 6 months and is due for more shots. I have learned a lot in the past few months since Maxwell was diagnosed. We have been delaying shots to date but he has an appointment next week. I told my wife that my little guy better not be given any shot that contains therimosol. Based on the FDA website, it appears that Prevnar and Pentacil (his next two shots) are free of mercury/therimosol. It's hard to believe that any shots still has this crap in it (Flu shots, etc.) but they sure do. (I plan to not allow the flu shots that contain therimosol.)

Can anyone give their thoughts or advise on the Prevnar and Pentacil shots?
Are there other preservatives/metals in vaccines that I should be on the look out for?
Are other folks out there with Autistic kids not vaccinating their younger siblings?

Any help would be appreciated.

Maxwell's Dad (...troubled and trying to help one son and prevent issues w/ the other.)

Mayzoo

Re: thoughts on vaccines for my 6 month old

Postby Mayzoo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:47 pm

Sorry, only one kiddo here.

Prevnar, they have replaced the thimerosal with aluminum 0.125mg

Pentacel also has aluminum in it 1.5mg.

I am not certain aluminum is any better than mercury injected into our bodies.

My daughter's issue with vaccines is that one shot of varicella (12 mo) and one MMR II (15 mo) shot has left her, at the age of 13, with titers ten times higher than they should be and she is now diagnosed with a compromised immune system and an autoimmune disorder. We are now medicinally treating her to reduce these insanely high titers. Positively related? Not sure, but now she may no longer have vaccines for an unknown period of time.
DD 2002. PANDAS, Autism, ACMI, AC, Syrigiomylia, BL Strabismus, and Torticollis.

Santosg

Postby Santosg » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:49 am

From your post is it obvious you are concerned. So why bother doing it at all. As Mayzoo stated, these vaccines have lots of heavy metals in them besides mercury. I think you're uncomfortable telling the doctor you want to delay vaccination. Don't be. Look them right in the eye and say we're delying vaccination. End of story. 90 percent chance they won't say another word about it. This is one of the issues that is key for parents to learn: assertion training. I don't expect other people to agree or validate the choices I make for my child. I don't care if they do.

If I were you, I'd go to the appointment with your son. Most doctors, even the preachy ones, act a lot less emphatic with the father. After that, the tone has been set and your wife should also not have any issues in following appointments. Otherwise, just find a new doctor.

makingitpossible

Postby makingitpossible » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:54 am

I would start your research with Dr. Suzanne Humphries.
http://drsuzanne.net/media-interviews/
She is very knowledgeable on the history of vaccines which I think is very important to study. It will help you realize they are not the life saving devices the media have protrayed them. She also wrote a book called dissolving illusions that is very good.
The video on here: http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/disso ... usions.htm
is really good on the history of the polio vaccine. It shows how polio was diagnosed and how other factors affected its transimission. It also goes over how three viruses caused the polio epidemic and how the vaccine only addressed once. It also shows how the live polio vaccine caused many paralytic cases of polio. Polio is asymptomatic in over 90% of people who got it. In another 5-7% it is a slight flu.
Almost all the other diseases they vaccinate for are similar to this in that in well over 90% of people it is a mild condition. Yes there are risks but the risks for vaccination are real to.
Please also be aware there are many trolls on this site and others that are paid big $ to make you think you are stupid for questioning yourself.
Please join the Facebook group vaccination reducation. They are very knowledgeable. You can always vaccinate later but you can never undue a vaccine.
Also look into the VAERS data. Vaccine injury is very real. For every vaccine your child gets something like 0.07 cents goes into a fund for families of children who become brain dead or die from vaccines. The death rate from measles is like 0.03%. The death rate of vaccines have never been determined.

makingitpossible

Postby makingitpossible » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:56 am

Also the thermisol is only a tenth of the problem with vaccines. As one person stated aluminum is another as well as many other factors including Th1/Th2 balance. God knew what he was doing by making an infant born with an immature immune system and allowing breatfeeding. Dr. Suzanne Humphries explains this in great detail.

Mouse

Postby Mouse » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:41 am

Maxwell's Dad wrote:Are there other preservatives/metals in vaccines that I should be on the look out for?
Are other folks out there with Autistic kids not vaccinating their younger siblings?

My son has severe reactions to polysorbate. It's in low quality food like soft serve ice cream, it's in most liquid over the counter medicine as a stabilizer, and it's in every vaccine. I've even seen it in cookies.
I sincerely believe vaccines play a role in autism. It may or may not be the cause, but it is linked.
President Obama granted CDC scientist William Thompson whistleblower protection, he admitted that him and his colleagues omitted statistics to hide data linking vaccines to autism in african american males when given MMR under 3 years old. This proves that the CDC was not truthful or transparent and therefore can't be fully trusted. Even scarier is the media blackout of coverage.

CDC director of immunization safety admitted that it is possible that vaccines rarely trigger autism. https://sharylattkisson.com/cdc-possibi ... er-autism/

“I guess, that, that is a possibility,” said DeStefano. “It’s hard to predict who those children might be, but certainly, individual cases can be studied to look at those possibilities.”

I'm not further vaccinating my autistic son, and I won't be vaccinating the next one to come along either until the CDC comes clean and the FDA actually brings us safe and effective vaccines. I suspect this will never happen. Maxwell's Dad, you won't be alone.

Mouse

Postby Mouse » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:10 am

makingitpossible wrote:Please also be aware there are many trolls on this site and others that are paid big $ to make you think you are stupid for questioning yourself.

In the short time I've been on this site I've come to the same conclusion. If you watch this you'll be better on picking up who is a paid pharma troll: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU

I'd also like to add that you should see the documentary "Trace Amounts" and "The Greater Good".

Winnie

Postby Winnie » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:15 am

Mouse wrote:
makingitpossible wrote:Please also be aware there are many trolls on this site and others that are paid big $ to make you think you are stupid for questioning yourself.

In the short time I've been on this site I've come to the same conclusion. If you watch this you'll be better on picking up who is a paid pharma troll: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU

I'd also like to add that you should see the documentary "Trace Amounts" and "The Greater Good".

I'd love to know who the "paid pharma trolls" are on this site. The phunny thing about pharma is that parents claiming to be "biomed parents" often use more pharma products than parents not making this claim. And the parents on this forum who were busted for trolling under multiple usernames to harass members, as well as some promoting fraudulent testimonies and treatment claims, were "biomed parents" battling the big conspiracy.

Whatever decision Maxwell's Dad makes, I certainly hope it is not based on paranoid propaganda from kooky conspiracy sites.
Winnie
"Make it a powerful memory, the happiest you can remember."

Mouse

Postby Mouse » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:34 pm

At least you still have the choice as parents to make your own informed consent. Let's hope your rights remain in tact. There is a risk so there must be a choice.

Pirsig

Postby Pirsig » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:47 am

Maxwell's Dad,

The posts above have provided very helpful information. Here's another resource (that some will call a kooky conspiracy website), but its really the parents of vaccine injured children who felt motivated to tell their story. They do that here and they dug deeper into the issue and compiled lots of useful information.

http://vaxtruth.org/vaccine-facts/

Even if you do not agree with them, I hope you are not the kind of person who will ridicule and insult parents who are in a really difficult situation. I cannot imagine any normal parent doing this except maybe someone who is 1) completely insensitive or 2) paid troll with an agenda to do this (the discussion on astroturfing above was great).

All the best to you no matter what you decide. As Mouse said above, you are not alone. I will NEVER vaccinate my kid again and if I had another child, I would NEVER vaccinate them.

Pirsig

Postby Pirsig » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:02 am

A couple of free documentary films that you can watch regarding this issue -

1) https://vimeo.com/126792405

2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO2i-r39hok

Pirsig

Postby Pirsig » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:04 am

An interesting discussion on the Autism-Mercury yahoo group recently -

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Aut ... ?reverse=1

Look at this poster Noel's story from that link with 12 posts -------

Autism John Doe,

It is 'amazing' to know that people like you or family like yours exists, when there is plethora of knowledge available out in the wild. We all feel for your brother as our kids are no different but the difference between your family and 'our families' is that we looked outside the box and many of us have successfully helped out kids to an extent. Some kids were fortunate enough to get close to NT kids.

I don't want to insult your family's knowledge or profession, but let me tell you my background because once upon a time, I 'was' in your boat. I am ABD (all but dissertation) at this moment from one of the top 10 institutes in the world, in the field of neuroscience and developmental biology, I have a background of pharmaceutical science, so I have a pretty good hold on drugs and drug interactions, along with physiology and pharmacology. I am not a medical doctor but no bragging, quite many times I have felt to be smartest person in the room with medical doctors. I just don't hurt their egos.

So now we have leveled the field, IMO, in your case your insistence to stick to the 'accepted medical knowledge' is hurting you (and your brother) more than anything. Let me tell you one thing for sure, we get pretty good brainwashed in the medical and pharmacy schools. Our training is such that we are just taught to look in a specific narrow field and anything out of that is a quack. I have access to almost every possible journal available on PubMed so the first thing I did when I saw my son hitting his head on a concrete wall at the age of 1.5, hit on pubmed and youtube. YouTube gave me a very good visual picture of autism and pubmed gave me accepted knowledge.

I thoroughly disregarded autism-vaccine connection. When some parent told me about such connection, initially I confronted/argued (for 'their' benefit) but later on I learned, they don't like my confrontation so I went into yeah yeah mode. I read Andrew Wakefield and retaliatory papers. To tell you the truth, unless I missed in Andrew Wakefield's paper, he never said MMR 'causes' autism. His theory was on correlation. As we say, Correlation is not same as causation. It stands there too. Medical community gave Wakefield free advertisement, something he never expected by accusing him of something he never said. It was only when a few parents showed me video evidence, my jaw dropped and thought there could be something. I was still not ready for MMR connection.

I contacted all my contacts in the field of immunology and discussed ad nauseum. While everyone sang a tune, oh its all shite, a couple of them pointed me to some articles. After I went through the literature, I figured damnit, there is a fcuking connection and nobody is talking about it. The adverse events listed on many vaccines are reported in medical journals. Its just you have to read *between the lines*. Not a single researcher has a heart to accuse any vaccine to be causing injuries, as nobody wants to get sued by the pharma company and lose career+life. Flashback - Lead Paint story, that scientist accused paint industry of lead causing health hazard. That scientist and his PhD student fought 11 years long case in the court during which the scientist lost all his funding and almost went bankrupt but guess who won. Do we have lead in our paints now?
There is a few evidences coming out lately, one example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO2i-r39hok You should watch it, probably few of your best 40 minutes in life.

Your accusation of Dr. Usman. While she is not a saint, nobody is, neither you nor me, her theories have proven to be correct with many kids. So once skeptical about her theories, I believe in her theories now. Disclaimer: I don't consult with her, neither do I work for/with her. I have absolutely no connection with her. Frankly, you have absolutely no right to accuse any of the physicians unless you have strong evidence that she is selling scam. To be blunt, many of the official medical doctors aren't helping majority of the patients either. A significant majority of the patients of any disease in the US, are always maintained in remission, never cured, so how does these doctors get a sainthood and Dr. Usman being a scam? At least, she is doing something to help our kids, not other doctors, they are busy making their careers and publishing papers. As I told you my background, and with an experience of Clinical research with one of major pharma companies, I believed in clinical trials. I contacted almost all major autism research institutes 300miles around me to contact me for clinical studies. I have participated in 6 studies so far. My son has been poked, pinched to draw the blood, sent him through MRI a few times to see neural connections and other blah blah studies. But the kind of responses I got from these so-called top scientist has left such a bad taste with me that I know now why Clinical studies are ran in Asian and African countries and not in major 'developed' countries. I have reached to the conclusion, none of these studies deserve our kids' single minute as their ultimate goal is not to help our kids, but to advance in their careers. Trust me, this is coming from someone who was neck deep in this field, who has worked on a genetic disorder where there are only 11 genetic samples to work with (to know the importance of subject participation in a clinical study)

Take home message, your family's doctors are pretty much useless and wasting their knowledge if they are not looking outside the box and sticking to their 'time tested and accepted' knowledge.

With your Asian friend's brother, there is help if you want to take it and look outside the box. There are many kids like him, not all benefit but you won't know unless you try whats available outside the box.

Finally, I hope you indeed have such brother and your experiences mentioned in the articles are true to its words, and not something similar to http://www.cbsnews.com/news/moms-angry- ... oes-viral/ If you are one of those crops, please don't waste our time. We don't want to argue, as we don't have time for this and that time and energy can be well spent on our kids instead. Why I am saying this, read the article I linked above and investigate it further. You will do that if you are true to your word. Yes, I am challenging your conscience on this.

So now I spent my hour reading your article and writing this email, what is the status of my son 5 years since I saw him hitting his head on the wall, hand flapping, looking at ceiling fan all the time and lining up all his cars. He is in mainstream school with an aide, kicking the rear ends of NT kids in maths and reading. Once leaving my PhD on ice to take care of my son, at this moment, I am very little worried about my son. And who helped my son, certainly not mainstream doctors, as they don't do autism, right? Its the so called fringe medicine that helped my son.

I hope you will hit a reset button on your knowledge and gain whats not accepted by the traditional medicine to help your brother. If you need any of that knowledge, we are here. If not, please unsubscribe as we are not interested in arguments.

Wish you and your brother all the best. Your asian friend's brother too. Hope he gets help he needs.
Noel

Legal disclaimer - No part of any of the emails discussed on this mailing list can be used outside this discussion list. If used, they are null and void.

Mouse

Postby Mouse » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:24 am

Pirsig wrote:A couple of free documentary films that you can watch regarding this issue -

1) https://vimeo.com/126792405

2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO2i-r39hok

I'll add http://www.nvic.org/. If you do vaccinate and there are negative side effects you should learn how to report them. It's too late for us but you should know how going in.
My favorite blog is http://www.ageofautism.com/ and it shows the side mainstream media refuses to bring to light.
Another one is https://sharylattkisson.com/ but she speaks up against government where the media won't and sometimes talks about vaccines.

Most of my freinds with an autistic kid witnessed a negative reaction and regression following a vaccine.
There has never been an American study comparing fully vaccinated against fully unvaccinated children for autism rates. You also never will because they say it's unethical, yet there are enough unvaccinated kids right now in America to take a scientific poll.
Obviously vaccines do play a role in our society and they are for a good most of the people most of the time. I'd say having one autistic kid puts you in a high risk for autism, and that a childhood disease like chickenpox or measles is easier to deal with than a lifetime of autism. While vaccines are said not to cause autism by a few celebrities and the media; my personal life experiences, CDC and FDA conspiracies, and my favorite "cult following" websites have taught me that they can. Seriously, watch http://traceamounts.com/ before you develop your vaccine schedule.

Maxwell's Dad

Postby Maxwell's Dad » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:04 pm

Thanks for all the good info. friends. I have a lot to look thru and watch.

BTW - We did postpone the vaccine shots until I do more research.

Thanks again,
Maxwell's Dad

JenXU

Postby JenXU » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:10 pm

A bill, SB277, has just passed in California. Forced vaccination to daycare, public and private school:(

Mouse

Postby Mouse » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:31 pm

Whether you believe vaccines are harmless or they that they can contribute to autism, most Californians prefer their vaccine choices be left to the parents and doctors, not politicians. These kids belong to their parents, not the state.

Winnie

Postby Winnie » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:45 am

Pirsig wrote:An interesting discussion on the Autism-Mercury yahoo group recently -

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Aut ... ?reverse=1

Look at this poster Noel's story from that link with 12 posts -------

Please do not accept any testimony regarding a member’s credentials or “recovery” in that group as truth. The Autism-Mercury yahoo group is practically a clinic on internet testimonies and treatment cults.

The flagship poster on the Autism-Mercury yahoo group for years and years – Rebecca Cochran (real name), also known as Rebecca Claire, Rebecca Elizabeth, ladyshrink111, ladyshrink222, and on this forum, DrMom -- was exposed as a fraud. She lied about having a daughter she “recovered,” she lied about her granddaughter ever having autism, she lied about being a Clinical Child Psychologist, lied about having a Ph.D, and she lied about owning and profiting from her supplement company (Everything Spectrum). And as a social worker she was disciplined by the state of Ohio, and she lied about that, too.

Rebecca Cochran also ran a group for years dedicated to AC chelation, called Recovering From Autism, with Tressie Taylor and Jan Martin. These three eventually published a book together “Fight Autism and Win: Biomedical therapies that work.” Rebecca published under the name Rebecca Claire. Tressie and Jan (and apparently Andrew Cutler) didn’t have a problem with Rebecca’s lies until these were exposed when they began marketing their book. Then Jan and Tressie republished without Rebecca’s name – I guess they thought that would cover it up. Tressie and Jan went on to form a group (FAW – Fight Autism and Win), where they pretend to know how to recover your child (though oddly they have apparently never recovered anyone from anything).

Anyway, several months after Rebecca was exposed on this forum , she was (finally) outed on the Autism-Mercury yahoo group (albeit gently) by Rebecca Ferguson (of the Regarding Caroline blog).

All those years and so many believers who could spot a boogie man behind every bush, yet they could not see the big horn-honking fraud right under their noses. Some A-M group members who suspected RC was phony were reluctant to call out a cult leader on the list, as this would not be tolerated. Other group members continued to defend her despite proof of her ruse. It would almost be funny if it weren’t so pathetic.

Best to avoid groups and sources of information immersed in conspiracy ideation when researching just about any topic – certainly the topic of vaccines is fraught with internet conspiracies and misinformation.
Winnie

Winnie

Postby Winnie » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:20 am

Mouse wrote:

Pirsig wrote:I cannot imagine any normal parent doing this except maybe someone who is 1) completely insensitive or 2) paid troll with an agenda to do this (the discussion on astroturfing above was great).

I thought this was interesting in regard to conspiracy ideation – can any of you point out some posts that you feel were authored by one of the “many trolls” on this site, “others that are paid big $”, a “paid pharma troll” or a “paid troll with an agenda?”

I have seen a lot of products and treatments promoted on this forum over the nearly 10 years I have been reading and posting here (like the current thread promoting the MMS/CD bleach protocol, for instance), but I can't recall a poster or thread actively promoting pharma.

On the other hand, for example, Pirsig: You are relatively new here, and I note that you heavily promote James Neubrander and his “systematic approach,” not only on this forum but elsewhere on the internet. You have used unsupported and exaggerated stats and claims, as well as the recovery card, often in your promotion – stating that your daughter’s “full recovery” is expected within a year or so.

So applying this “paid troll” logic and recognition-of-trolls prowess, how do we know that you are not a troll being paid by Dr. Neubrander to promote his practice to parents on the internet?
Winnie

Pirsig

Postby Pirsig » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:35 pm

Winnie wrote:
Mouse wrote:

Pirsig wrote:I cannot imagine any normal parent doing this except maybe someone who is 1) completely insensitive or 2) paid troll with an agenda to do this (the discussion on astroturfing above was great).

On the other hand, for example, Pirsig: You are relatively new here, and I note that you heavily promote James Neubrander and his “systematic approach,” not only on this forum but elsewhere on the internet. You have used unsupported and exaggerated stats and claims, as well as the recovery card, often in your promotion – stating that your daughter’s “full recovery” is expected within a year or so.

So applying this “paid troll” logic and recognition-of-trolls prowess, how do we know that you are not a troll being paid by Dr. Neubrander to promote his practice to parents on the internet?

Hi Winnie,

I have had you (and will continue) on my ignore list for a long time, and that is the reason I do not see or respond to any of your posts. But, I am going to quickly respond to this one because another poster sent me an email about this. Nothing against you but I really do not feel its a good use of my time to get into endless arguments with you about what I say here and what my intentions are. You have every right to disagree with me and freely post your thoughts on this forum. I completely respect that right and would never attack you for saying what you believe is right.

You are right that what I have written might lead some (reasonable) parents to question my intentions and claims and also think of me as a "paid poster for Neubrander". Hopefully, these parents are doing more research than relying on the words on one anonymous poster in making their treatment decisions. The information I provide should really be one of many, many things that parents should consider in making their treatment choices regarding doctors, protocols to follow etc.

To end this, I would say that I have no reservations in admitting (not the first time on this forum that I have said this) that I am a big fan of not only Neubrander but of many other doctors and non-doctors who have helped me out over the last two years - Bryan Jepson, Jacquelyn Mccandless, Stephanie Cave, Amy Holmes, Andy Cutler, and lots of parents with kids on the spectrum. Anyone who tries to help out these kids with the best of intentions has my utmost respect and will always have it. If that makes me a paid poster for all of these doctors/nondoctors in the eyes of some posters, then so be it.

Also, please do not waste your time with me. This is my last post to you and I will not be responding to any further posts. Its important to me that people are respectful to each other even when they disagree, and if I do not see that with a person, then I hope you agree that I have the choice to not engage in discussion with them. This is precisely what I did by putting you on my "ignore" list.

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”