Activated Charcol~what is your experience with?

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

CdB

Activated Charcol~what is your experience with?

Postby CdB » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:55 pm

I'm thinking of using activated charcoal and would like to know what is your experience with it and how do you use it, do's and dont's.

pingumamma

Re: Activated Charcol~what is your experience with?

Postby pingumamma » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:51 pm

I thinks its great. Only use it occasionally. Last time was for my 8 year old with autism. He had loose bowel movements for a week or so. He has a pica, so I thought it was probably a germ picked up that way. Gave 2 cap on the Saturday and 24 hours later he did a really unusual grey bm and was fine after that. Its a great binder. I would avoid giving around the same time as prescription meds and always follow with a good dose of vitamin C or aloe vera juice as it can constipate.

noelm

Re: Activated Charcol~what is your experience with?

Postby noelm » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:26 pm

The only DON'T I follow is, I keep it away from food, meds and supplements otherwise we tend to use almost daily alongw ith Psyllium seed powder. I have come to so much belief with Activated charcoal, that we have Psyllium seed powder and charcoal capsules (premixed in 4:1 proportion) in both of our glove boxes. As and when we are away from home and DS loses it (anything, be it tummy issues or whiny etc), we usually give 3-4 capsules and that settles DS down. I haven't figured out 'why', but it helps for sure.
iHerb code BMV549
$5/$10 off on $20/$40 first order
uBiome 10% off http://bit.ly/1xYWjbG

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”