Vitamin C for Heavy Metal Detox

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

CdB

Vitamin C for Heavy Metal Detox

Postby CdB » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:53 pm

In this video, you can see Russell Jaffe, MD, PhD discusses the ways in which ascorbic acid assists the body to eliminate and remove heavy metals like mercury, lead and cadmium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOZo0-vC93I

kulkulkan

Re: Vitamin C for Heavy Metal Detox

Postby kulkulkan » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:31 am

Didn't watch the whole thing - one of the basic thing that he didn't mention is the pharmokinetics of Vitamin C. Dosed orally the maximum absorption and plasma value is reached with 400mg or so. So taking grams at the same time is not very productive and taking 500mg every half hour (plasma half life which he did mention) isnt very practical either (liposomal C may be different - don't know). There is another study that showed glutathione was maxed with 500mg dose and going to 1000mg dose didn't increase it further which is consistent with the oral pharmokinetic studies.

I have no idea whether C is a chelator or really just helping increase GSH and thus removing metals. His presentation wasn't very convincing.

Not On The Spectrum

Postby Not On The Spectrum » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:06 am

deleted
Last edited by Not On The Spectrum on Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gabriela

Postby Gabriela » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:51 am

my son has aluminium, can anyone suggest any suplement to hrlp elimination?
My doctor suggested Pba rx, from maxamlabs, so fad I was not able to order it. Anyone knows how to get this suplement or similar to it. My son is 4 year old.
Thank you for any thaughts

ankur1

Postby ankur1 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:23 pm

I once read somewhere that Cilantro and Chlorella can help remove 60-80% of heavy metal from our body within 6-8 weeks!

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”