• Biotin activates enzymes involved in energy production and myelin synthesis.
• 91.3% of SPMS or PPMS patients improved clinically with high doses of biotin.
• Improvement concerned chronic optic neuropathy, homonymous hemianopia or myelopathy.
• In all cases improvement was delayed from 2 to 8 months following treatment׳s onset.
• Two multi-centric double-blind placebo-controlled trials are currently underway.
The role of Biotin in myelin synthesis is important and may help patients with autism.
Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.
1 post • Page 1 of 1