Can i use Camel milk when there is goat milk allergy?

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Tolga

Can i use Camel milk when there is goat milk allergy?

Postby Tolga » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:19 pm

Today I had the food allergy test results of my son. Its showing that he has allergy to cow,sheep and goat milk. I read that casein in the goat milk and camel milk are similar. There was no allergy test for camel mik too. Does goat milk allergy means that he will get same effect from camel milk too? I appreciate if you answer

andyseattle

Re: Can i use Camel milk when there is goat milk allergy?

Postby andyseattle » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:09 pm

I think, there is goat milk allergy as well.

May be, you could consider for
- Human milk
- Enzyme
- Iso Whey Protein Grass-fed milk

baksu

Postby baksu » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:42 am

Hi Tolga,

My son has sensitivity to nearly all dairy products, camel's or mare's milk being the two exceptions:

So, it does NOT necessarily follow that someone who is sensitive to goat's milk will also have the same sensitivity towards camel's milk. The only proper way to learn is testing. If you are in Turkey, ImuPro300 test from Immuno labs tests 300 different products, camel milk being one of them.

Baris.

Tolga

Postby Tolga » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:59 pm

Thank you Baksu. I am living in Russia but my son is living in Turkey with my wife.
I have ordered frozen camel milk 2 days ago from a farm and we have tried yesterday evening and today. We didn't see any side effect or something negative. To day he used 3 words that he was never using. But of course we are not sure if its related with camel milk.
We had Cambridge test for the food intolerance. Giving blood sample was too hard, so maybe in future we try Imupro. Until that time I will only hope that my son has no allergy to that. Thank you for the information

baksu wrote:Hi Tolga,

My son has sensitivity to nearly all dairy products, camel's or mare's milk being the two exceptions:

So, it does NOT necessarily follow that someone who is sensitive to goat's milk will also have the same sensitivity towards camel's milk. The only proper way to learn is testing. If you are in Turkey, ImuPro300 test from Immuno labs tests 300 different products, camel milk being one of them.

Baris.

baksu

Postby baksu » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:04 pm

I guess the camel farm you mention is in Turkey, right? If so, please be careful with the hygienic conditions of such farms (possible contamination risk and the like). One of them is in Antalya, where my brother resides. He paid a visit to them upon my request and it is nowhere near a modern production facility.

Camelicious in the Emirates (http://www.camelicious.ae) is a quality choice but they don't export to Turkey, as far as i know. Camel milk in dried powder form seems to be safe bet regarding contamination risks, and you can find many europen providers willing to ship to Turkey. One such possibility is Camelac from Netherlands (they import Camelicious products actually). Providers from the States charge a huge sum for shipping, DesertFarms for example.

There are studies claiming positive effects of camel milk such as:

Camel Milk as a Potential Therapy as an Antioxidant in Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) (http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2013/602834/)

In any case for most kids i don't think anything is a magic bullet, let alone camel milk. But i personally believe it to be better than cow's or sheep's milk, because of the well known casein issue. In the presence of a food hypersensitivity to goat's milk as in your case, camel's milk seems to be a rational choice, provided there is no sensitivity to it also.

Baris.

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”