Back again after a long break...

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

ScrappyMommyof3

Back again after a long break...

Postby ScrappyMommyof3 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:32 pm

Hi all I am back again! We had a bad end of summer last year that resulted in both my computer and our television being broken by our son. Took awhile to replace my computer and now it's hidden when he is home or awake. We kind of "reset" our biomed stuff over the winter this year. We tried NAC and it didn't work so well so we went back to just what we knew to work. Currently we have:
Multivitamin (we switched to a liquid high in magnesium called Kids Calm, it works wonders)
Fish Oil
Zinc/C/Echinacia
B6
Taurine
Focus Factor Kids (very hard to find right now but seems to really help him with anxiety and when it's gone he's a mess)
Melatonin

We still are having some pretty bad issues with aggression though and he has started head butting. Doesn't butt furniture/walls instead likes to slam his head against an adults head when he is in an episode. We are also still dairy free because dairy does a number on him. Husband wants to throw in the towel and medicate at this point because he is now 9 and getting bigger and the stress caused by his outbursts at home and school have taken a serious toll on me as well.

Anyhow that's how it's going here...
Mom of 3
Daughter 13, Learning disabled
Son 9, Non-Verbal ASD
Son 9, Neuro-Typical

autismnhusa

Re: Back again after a long break...

Postby autismnhusa » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:38 pm

Stop all the supplements. Check with neuro or psychia. My son has been on Risperdal for 2 months. He is getting better.

maura101

Postby maura101 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:06 am

We had amazing luck with a low-phenol diet. Our daughter was not very aggressive, but moody.

When we would "challenge" her with a phenol after avoiding them for three weeks, she became aggressive, injurious, and basically would lose it. Crying. Raging. The works. So, basically, these feelings were under wraps and cleanly triggered by the foods.

It is not too challenging, just boring as a diet. And, for us, TOTALLY worth the work.

Good luck whatever you choose!

varen2

Postby varen2 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:31 am

B6 and other B complex vitamins give my son tantrums and terrible aggression when he cannot control himself and prone to self injury.

I would try to avoid B vitamins to see if it helps.

Also, In my experience this is how my son behaves if he eats something outside his diet.
Your son might be reacting to some foods in his diet.

My son is currently doing great with the following diet, please see my original post here:

http://autismweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=33403

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”