Anyone else seen fatigue when starting MB12?

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

monkeyman

Anyone else seen fatigue when starting MB12?

Postby monkeyman » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:05 pm

We started MB 12 about two months ago, and have seen really nice improvements in my son's speech, both receptive and expressive, among other areas.

We have also seem some minor "tolerable" side effects, like an increase in stimming and more irritability.

One thing we've noticed is increased fatigue. He's never been a super high-energy guy, and since getting on the MB12 he yawns more and sucks his finger more during the day. As far as I know, he's sleeping all night, but I know MB12 can disturb sleep and I wonder if he's waking at night and just staying quiet. He also naps about 2 hours a day.

I do know the MB12 has really brought him closer to the real world, and I wonder if this is just taking a lot more of his energy to get through the day with this newfound awareness?

We are using MB12 1000 mcg, 25 mg/mL from Hopewell every three days.

We are planning on continuing with this, as the positives have been great. I am curious if anyone has seen this fatigue when starting or using MB12. Is this something that will likely resolve over time, or an issue requiring further consideration.

Thanks!
MM

rlneub

Re: Anyone else seen fatigue when starting MB12?

Postby rlneub » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:27 pm

Are you following the recommendations in the supplement review program for his supplements? If not then this is a known side effect.

monkeyman

Postby monkeyman » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:37 pm

We are working up to the recommended amounts of the multi, and still need to add folinic, iron, and calcium.

Are you saying once we get up to speed with all these, this will go away?

Can you explain why this is happening? Not enough material for the body to use with the MB12?

Josie

Postby Josie » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:40 pm

We had fatigue also when starting MB12. It only lasted about 6 months and then he was back to normal.

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”