Which genetic test is best?

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Marya

Re: Which genetic test is best?

Postby Marya » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:44 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:No for him I'm not giving lion's mane he's too young so taking it easy- but I do give phosphatidylserine with high omega 3 and it definitely helped as well!

Im taking myself lion's mane , as I started detecting depression symptoms on me, something I never had before but work and all this autism cr*p especially on my little one who's a slow responder, it's taken it's toll and I started going down the depression route..... anyway once I realised what's happening I started immediately high omega3 with lion's mane, alpha gpc choline, rhodiola and anitacetam and I feel fantastic!!!!!!!! Extremely energetic, clever and positive so waiting a bit and then trying these on my boys!!!!
Lion's mane won't work much unless you add choline (alpha gpc if possible otherwise anything you have) and a nootropic if possible even for a while just few days

Really glad it's doing great job on you xxxx

Oh I see. I do combine Lion's mane with CDP-Choline, just as I feel they will work together.. How did you know that Lion's mane won't work much unless with Choline?
I do take Super omega 3 from Life Extension, Lion's mane and Choline along with NAC, and recently Sarcosine( not sure if it is doing something) but will give it time to be certain. I used to take Rhodiola in the past for a short period of time but stopped as it raise Dopamine too much and would cause me mania with long term use. Do you take anitacetam? Fatherof2 mentioned in the other thread that Piracetam is the best in that family and the most safe one. I haven't tried any of them yet but I thought I would share this with you. Recently I've started to think about Piracetam, as it is very safe and well studied. But I don't think I will buy it until I test Sarcosine well.

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:42 am

Marya wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:No for him I'm not giving lion's mane he's too young so taking it easy- but I do give phosphatidylserine with high omega 3 and it definitely helped as well!

Im taking myself lion's mane , as I started detecting depression symptoms on me, something I never had before but work and all this autism cr*p especially on my little one who's a slow responder, it's taken it's toll and I started going down the depression route..... anyway once I realised what's happening I started immediately high omega3 with lion's mane, alpha gpc choline, rhodiola and anitacetam and I feel fantastic!!!!!!!! Extremely energetic, clever and positive so waiting a bit and then trying these on my boys!!!!
Lion's mane won't work much unless you add choline (alpha gpc if possible otherwise anything you have) and a nootropic if possible even for a while just few days

Really glad it's doing great job on you xxxx

Oh I see. I do combine Lion's mane with CDP-Choline, just as I feel they will work together.. How did you know that Lion's mane won't work much unless with Choline?
I do take Super omega 3 from Life Extension, Lion's mane and Choline along with NAC, and recently Sarcosine( not sure if it is doing something) but will give it time to be certain. I used to take Rhodiola in the past for a short period of time but stopped as it raise Dopamine too much and would cause me mania with long term use. Do you take anitacetam? Fatherof2 mentioned in the other thread that Piracetam is the best in that family and the most safe one. I haven't tried any of them yet but I thought I would share this with you. Recently I've started to think about Piracetam, as it is very safe and well studied. But I don't think I will buy it until I test Sarcosine well.

oh you see I am really bad at remembering where I see references etc, but if you do a quick search on Lion's mane and choline you'll see references like this: https://www.braintropic.com/nootropics/ ... -mushroom/ which also partially says what I mentioned earlier to take it with racetam.
I took aniracetam cause I had already bought it was handy when I needed it yesterday and yes it's been amazing but has shorter half life than piracetam. Yes it's probably safer but I think the strongest is Noopept whch i'll get as soon as Aniracetam has finished
Honestly if you want to do quick experiment and if you can afford it, try combination of lion's mane with choline, racetam and omega3 and see how you feel - you already doing this anyway, it's just the aniracetam remaining

thanks for the rhodiola tip I didn't know about it and actually yesterday I went for it, I had 4 times the dose and absolutely loved the effect!!
just googling sarcosine never heard of that before

thank you xxxxxxxxxxx

Marya

Postby Marya » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:55 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:
oh you see I am really bad at remembering where I see references etc, but if you do a quick search on Lion's mane and choline you'll see references like this: https://www.braintropic.com/nootropics/ ... -mushroom/ which also partially says what I mentioned earlier to take it with racetam.
I took aniracetam cause I had already bought it was handy when I needed it yesterday and yes it's been amazing but has shorter half life than piracetam. Yes it's probably safer but I think the strongest is Noopept whch i'll get as soon as Aniracetam has finished
Honestly if you want to do quick experiment and if you can afford it, try combination of lion's mane with choline, racetam and omega3 and see how you feel - you already doing this anyway, it's just the aniracetam remaining

thanks for the rhodiola tip I didn't know about it and actually yesterday I went for it, I had 4 times the dose and absolutely loved the effect!!

thank you xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Nikkie for the link. I'm feeling well with the combination of Choline and Lion's mane. I was on Lion's mane from Host Defence then switched to Wisdom since it is cheaper. But honestly I like Wisdom and I think I will stick to it. Could you please let me know where you purchase racetam stuff? And have you ever think to give it to your son? I'm actually at high risk as your children so I would go for Piracetam since it is well studied. How are you feeling now with your combination?

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:39 pm

Marya wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:

thank you xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Nikkie for the link. I'm feeling well with the combination of Choline and Lion's mane. I was on Lion's mane from Host Defence then switched to Wisdom since it is cheaper. But honestly I like Wisdom and I think I will stick to it. Could you please let me know where you purchase racetam stuff? And have you ever think to give it to your son? I'm actually at high risk as your children so I would go for Piracetam since it is well studied. How are you feeling now with your combination?

I got aniracetam here but definitely trying noopept next
Not sure about giving to me kid maybe piracetam though as it's safer but still bit nervous...

Feeling great but switched rhodiola to Swanson and it's not as good as Natures way so but if a mistake .....
You seem better! Fantastic news!!

Marya

Postby Marya » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:47 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:I got aniracetam here but definitely trying noopept next
Not sure about giving to me kid maybe piracetam though as it's safer but still bit nervous...

Feeling great but switched rhodiola to Swanson and it's not as good as Natures way so but if a mistake .....

Where did purchase aniracetam Nikkie?
Well, I was better until have started Sarcosine! I'm still not sure about it but will update once I'm certain.. I wouldn't advice to give Sarcosine to children

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:50 pm

Marya wrote:

Well, I was better until have started Sarcosine! I'm still not sure about it but will update once I'm certain.. I wouldn't advice to give Sarcosine to children

Ah sorry forgot to send the link https://www.intellimeds.net

Why r u taking sarcosine??

Marya

Postby Marya » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:52 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:
Marya wrote:

Thank you so much for the link Nikkie,
I'm taking Sarcosine because I have this mutation rs701567, DAOA gene which cause NMDA dysfunction. Sarcosine should activate NMDA receptors but it definitely wasn't for me. I took another dose today to be sure and I have had a depressed mood all day! The autism behaviour became severe and cognition is awful again! God! it was like if I did deactivate NMDA receptors! These things are like a puzzle! Now I have to rebuild my brain again!!! I will definitely stop Sarcosine and will double Omega3 and Choline

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:23 pm

Marya wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:
Marya wrote:Where did purchase aniracetam Nikkie?

Thank you so much for the link Nikkie,
I'm taking Sarcosine because I have this mutation rs701567, DAOA gene which cause NMDA dysfunction. Sarcosine should activate NMDA receptors but it definitely wasn't for me. I took another dose today to be sure and I have had a depressed mood all day! The autism behaviour became severe and cognition is awful again! God! it was like if I did deactivate NMDA receptors! These things are like a puzzle! Now I have to rebuild my brain again!!! I will definitely stop Sarcosine and will double Omega3 and Choline

Oh bless you Marya... how are you feeling now? Whenever I tried to translate my kid's SnP didn't work! So I'd go with how you feel rather than what your mutations are!!

Maybe try some acetyl carnitine to give you some mental energy? It does absolute wonders for my 5yo!!!

Marya

Postby Marya » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:44 am

Nikkie111 wrote:Oh bless you Marya... how are you feeling now? Whenever I tried to translate my kid's SnP didn't work! So I'd go with how you feel rather than what your mutations are!!

Maybe try some acetyl carnitine to give you some mental energy? It does absolute wonders for my 5yo!!!

I'm feeling better thank God. Thanks Nikkie for asking.
you are right about SnPs, but sometimes it is good to avoid long term issue because some supplements make you feel well but with long term use will affect your health badly.
How much ALCAR you give to your son?

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:16 am

Marya wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:Oh bless you Marya... how are you feeling now? Whenever I tried to translate my kid's SnP didn't work! So I'd go with how you feel rather than what your mutations are!!

I'm feeling better thank God. Thanks Nikkie for asking.
you are right about SnPs, but sometimes it is good to avoid long term issue because some supplements make you feel well but with long term use will affect your health badly.
How much ALCAR you give to your son?

I give 1000mg of BestNaturals,....he's doing good, lots of energy!! jumping around, skipping etc...

great that you're feeling better....we are wasting so much money on this stuff and then we throw them! :) :) :) we should create The Top 6 Worst Interventions Ever!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Marya

Postby Marya » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:35 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:I give 1000mg of BestNaturals,....he's doing good, lots of energy!! jumping around, skipping etc...

great that you're feeling better....we are wasting so much money on this stuff and then we throw them! :) :) :) we should create The Top 6 Worst Interventions Ever!!!!! :D :D :D :D

ALCAR seems good but I don't know why I always avoid it :lol: probably I already read that it may not be good for me! can't really remember but will give it a try.
You see? :shock: At least Sarcosine wasn't expensive but it took a while to arrive and then it was lost somewhere at the post office! probably it didn't want me to try it since it wasn't for me :lol: now I wish it could kept lost there

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”