My experience with CDP-Choline

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Aspie1983

Re: My experience with CDP-Choline

Postby Aspie1983 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:09 am

I have modalert here in my house, only use it like 3 times a year or so all it does is make me feel wide awake, nothing else and thats exactly what its meant to do.
50-100mg lasts me all day, no need for the 200mg its an overkill.

Galantamine turned me into a zombie, its crap.

FatherOf2

Postby FatherOf2 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:29 am

My son has a triplication of gene CHRNA7 responsible for alpha-7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. No one know if this mutation upregulates or donwregulates these receptors. If it downregulates the receptors, it may explain why my son reacted so well. Again, this is all individual.

Are you still taking cordyceps? Have you tried Modafinil?

Aspie1983

Postby Aspie1983 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:20 pm

My new cordyceps bags (2x 60gram bag from real mushrooms) have arrived today, tomorrow morning going back on it.

Marya

Postby Marya » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:27 pm

FatherOf2 wrote:My son has a triplication of gene CHRNA7 responsible for alpha-7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. No one know if this mutation upregulates or donwregulates these receptors. If it downregulates the receptors, it may explain why my son reacted so well. Again, this is all individual.

I'm glad Ftaherof2 that Rhodiola benefits your son. I tried 500mg and I didn't like it, but 250mg was good.
I have a question here, how did you know about triplication of gene CHRNA7? I have this mutation CHRNA5 (rs578776)GG according to 23andme, does your son has it too?? I knew from there that I need Acetyl Choline or Nicotine, that's how I've started supplementing choline and I can feel why I benefit from it that much.
Last edited by Marya on Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greenfield4

Postby Greenfield4 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:35 pm

FatherOf2 wrote:

Brain supplements that made things worse:
- DMG (triggered SIB)
- phosphatidylserine (triggered SIB)

Really, really surprised to hear DMG and phosphatidylserine made things worse. From years of research and my own personal experiences, supplementing those 2 were pivotal in addressing methylation issues.

I'm warey of piracetam, or any nootropic for that matter, due to the lack of long term studies, even piracetam data is ropey at best, and no one really knows long term effects.

FatherOf2

Postby FatherOf2 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:32 pm

Greenfield4 wrote:
FatherOf2 wrote:

Brain supplements that made things worse:
- DMG (triggered SIB)
- phosphatidylserine (triggered SIB)

Really, really surprised to hear DMG and phosphatidylserine made things worse. From years of research and my own personal experiences, supplementing those 2 were pivotal in addressing methylation issues.

I'm warey of piracetam, or any nootropic for that matter, due to the lack of long term studies, even piracetam data is ropey at best, and no one really knows long term effects.

This is all personal. Not everyone needs to increase methylation.
Piracetam is the safest supplement/drug known to human. LD50 in rats is about 6g/kg, for table salt it is 3g/kg. There were no toxic effects and certainly no deaths reported over 60 years of Piracetam usage.

Marya

Postby Marya » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:45 am

FatherOf2 wrote:My son has a triplication of gene CHRNA7 responsible for alpha-7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. No one know if this mutation upregulates or donwregulates these receptors. If it downregulates the receptors, it may explain why my son reacted so well. Again, this is all individual.

I'm glad Ftaherof2 that Rhodiola benefits your son. I tried 500mg and I didn't like it, but 250mg was good.
I have a question here, how did you know about triplication of gene CHRNA7? I have this mutation CHRNA5 (rs578776)GG according to 23andme, does your son has it too?? I knew from there that I need Acetyl Choline or Nicotine, that's how I've started supplementing choline and I can feel why I benefit from it that much.

Aspie1983

Postby Aspie1983 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:35 am

@fatherof2

a7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors are responsible for the cognitive effects that nicotine has, I think its pretty save to assume your son has hypo function on these receptors

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”