Possible Patron Saint of Autism

Discuss autism theories, media stories, and efforts to put ASD on the government agenda here.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Forum rules
Please limit quotes from articles to five paragraphs. Also, researchers may post study information here.
MissionOfStThorlak

Possible Patron Saint of Autism

Postby MissionOfStThorlak » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:39 am

Hi all,

For any Roman Catholics, Lutherans, Anglicans out there, I want to share a webpage which speaks of a potential Patron Saint of Autism. It offers a lovely prayer as well as support materials for youth and families, and new material is constantly being created and updated, so please check back often.

As a Catholic myself personally, and someone with autism, and a mom of kids with autism... it is most encouraging to think we might FINALLY have dedicated spiritual direction and support for our struggles. I have waited for years... my whole life, actually. Struggling with loneliness and isolation.

http://mission-of-saint-thorlak.weebly. ... f-asd.html

autistic19

Re: Possible Patron Saint of Autism

Postby autistic19 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:58 pm

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited by this. I'm also a Catholic autistic. I've hoped that some day this would happen!! I can't wait to look more into the life of St.Thorlak. This is the first I've even heard of him. I've seen people reference St. Dymphna as the patroness of autism before, but I think autism was just lumped in with all other brain and neurological and psychological based conditions. It'll be awesome to have a patron specifically for autistics!!
I'm an autistic studying special ed., here to learn about autism from a parent's perspective.

Return to “Autism Articles, Studies & Politics”