Considering leaving California. Anyone in OR, WA, CO or TX?

Discuss autism theories, media stories, and efforts to put ASD on the government agenda here.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Forum rules
Please limit quotes from articles to five paragraphs. Also, researchers may post study information here.
monkeyman

Considering leaving California. Anyone in OR, WA, CO or TX?

Postby monkeyman » Thu May 28, 2015 4:43 pm

My wife and I are considering moving out of California if SB277 passes. SB277 is a senate bill that would mandate all students attending public or private schools, daycares and preschools to be in full compliance with the CDC vaccine schedule. Students not in compliance with the CDC schedule would have homeschooling as their only school option.

SB277 will eliminate the religious and personal belief exemptions, and severely limit the medical exemption. According to our doctor, our son with ASD would not qualify for a medical exemption.

We are considering moving to Portland, Seattle, Denver/Boulder, or Austin.

I know a bill similar to SB277 was defeated in Oregon recently.

I am trying to figure out what the likelihood of this type of bill passing in Oregon, Washington, Colorado and Texas in the near future is. Those of you who live in these states can hopefully help out as you know the current political climate relating to this issue much better than I do.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. We want to vaccinate on our own terms, and we're trying to avoid re-establishing ourselves somewhere only to have this legislation follow us.

Thanks,
MM

Mouse

Re: Considering leaving California. Anyone in OR, WA, CO or

Postby Mouse » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:14 pm

Age of autism posted a story about a victory in Texas: http://www.ageofautism.com/2015/06/17-1 ... texas.html

Colorado almost passed a parents bill of rights but democrats killed it in the house: http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_27731 ... -committee
I know vaccines aren't exactly tied to any political party, but in this case a republican authored a bill and democrats voted it down. Colorado is a state that enjoys rights and the community will stand up. Look at the recall over the state removing gun rights. It's a purple state but has a lot lean libertarian.

I was eyeing a move to California until SB277 changed my mind. I'm still looking at Denver.

I live in North Carolina and while a bill to remove the religious exemption was shot down without even going to vote, they have a "study bill" in the air which you know what the corrupt studies have to offer. I moved here to expand my business but unwilling to lease a place due to the vaccine political climate. They have some great private special needs schools, a great X-DAN doc who is a pediatric neurologist (he doesn't go by the DAN doctor moniker) who I like a lot. Pediatricians who won't force vaccines are tough to come by but they do exist.

Mouse

Postby Mouse » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:55 pm

Because you live in California you should be protesting the capitol.
Also this speech is very inspiring that another person with a powerful voice spoke at a protest yesterday: https://vimeo.com/130254288
I've watched it twice.

Winnie

Postby Winnie » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:09 am

Mouse wrote:I live in North Carolina [. . .] great X-DAN doc who is a pediatric neurologist (he doesn't go by the DAN doctor moniker) who I like a lot. Pediatricians who won't force vaccines are tough to come by but they do exist.

Sounds like Jean-Ronel Corbier.

Years ago he was located in my state -- and made a lot of "cure" (yes, he said "cure") promises to a lot of parents (even the desperate parents of a dying child), all while peddling the Mannatech supplement pyramid scheme from his office (among other gimmicks). And justified it all under the guise of Christianity -- suggesting that parents pray with him during the office visit. Even parents who knew that Corbier was full of woo said he was charismatic and likeable.

Corbier wrote a book about solving the autism enigma back then, though he apparently didn't solve anything. I don't know of any child he ever recovered in my state.

He and his pediatrician wife left our state rather suddenly and mysteriously.

I'm sure he has marketed many other gimmicks and new gigs since then (he always had slick marketing).

Be warned.
Winnie
"Make it a powerful memory, the happiest you can remember."

dgdavis64

Postby dgdavis64 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:33 pm

I hope SB277 is defeated. Robert Kennedy Jr. is speaking out against it but the LA Times is using photos of the protesting crowds as if they're supportive of it. More media lies.

Beware of the pharma trollbot shills posting from anonymous proxy servers

Return to “Autism Articles, Studies & Politics”