The Autism Book by Dr. Robert Sears

Publish Your Reviews of Books / Videos about Autism, PDD or Asperger's.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Forum rules
Book authors may post about their own books, if they identify themselves as the author.
Dani

The Autism Book by Dr. Robert Sears

Postby Dani » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:00 pm

This is my new favorite book for biomedical treatments for autism. That's saying something because I've read about 20 or so books about autism

The author, Dr. Robert Sears, is a board certified pediatrician and the son of the famous pediatrician Dr. William Sears. The Autism Book is written in non-technical language, but it has extensive references to scientific studies to back up the statements made in the book. The Autism Book is well-organized and comprehensive. It advocates a complementary approach of combining the best of traditional medicine and holistic medicine. Whether your child was diagnosed recently or several years ago, I think you'll find information here that will be helpful to your particular situation.

I've had the privilege of hearing Dr. Sears talk at a local support group meeting. While he's not the parent of a child on the spectrum, he has years of experience treating children of all ages on the autism spectrum.

The book is available for $6.00 (US) on Amazon.com right now and it's well worth the money.
http://www.amazon.com/Autism-Book-Detec ... 106&sr=8-1
I didn't know how strong I could be until I had to be.

forgiven4life

Re: The Autism Book by Dr. Robert Sears

Postby forgiven4life » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:13 pm

I agree! This is one of my favorite books on biomedical treatment and I often refer back to it for dosing and supplement recommendations. We were working with a DAN, but had to stop because of financial reasons.

cconway

Postby cconway » Tue May 22, 2012 3:27 pm

He's gonna be on Your Health Solution Radio (Google it) on Saturday!! I can't wait to listen. His book was amazing.

kulkulkan

Postby kulkulkan » Tue May 22, 2012 4:57 pm

This was the first book that I picked up after my son was diagnosed. Great intro book, especially for the price. It is very high level though but does the lay the groundwork for doing more research.

ScrappyMommyof3

Postby ScrappyMommyof3 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:56 pm

This book is actually my "biomed bible" I have it on my kindle and it has given me plenty of resources and starting points!
Mom of 3
Daughter 13, Learning disabled
Son 9, Non-Verbal ASD
Son 9, Neuro-Typical

Return to “Autism Book Reviews”