Thinking in Pictures by Dr. Temple Grandin

Publish Your Reviews of Books / Videos about Autism, PDD or Asperger's.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Forum rules
Book authors may post about their own books, if they identify themselves as the author.
wv_literata

Thinking in Pictures by Dr. Temple Grandin

Postby wv_literata » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:42 am

Hi;

I wanted to mention this book because it provided more emotional relief for me than probably any other book that I have read on the subject of autism. Thinking in Pictures is particularly interesting because Dr. Temple Grandin, herself, is one of the earliest cases of autism (they called it "brain damage" back then). She is able to explain clearly what autism is like for her as well as to offer helpful medical information as the animal scientist that she has become (and she can thank autism for her success in designing the most "humane" (?!) slaughter houses in America). Her book reminds me that the world has a place for everyone. Though she sometimes drifts from autism and into gruesome details of her profession, I learned a lot from this book. She also shares information that she has gathered from other autists over her lifetime - things that can help explain oddities that would generally cause parents to worry. I would never have thought that too-tight shoes might actually help to "ground" people.

Truly an excellent book!
Let HOPE be the propeller that lifts you from the depths of despair.

edna_bg

Re: Thinking in Pictures by Dr. Temple Grandin

Postby edna_bg » Thu May 22, 2014 11:51 am

I would see the movie. Is it to find on YouTube.com or to by any where from?

Return to “Autism Book Reviews”