Dr Natasha Campbell McBride Gut and Psychology Syndrome

Publish Your Reviews of Books / Videos about Autism, PDD or Asperger's.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Forum rules
Book authors may post about their own books, if they identify themselves as the author.
respect

Dr Natasha Campbell McBride Gut and Psychology Syndrome

Postby respect » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:15 pm

http://www.kiki-health.co.uk/products/s ... hology.asp

Fascinating read clearing up all misconceptions about the gut and the brain. Excellent!

LittleManzParents

Postby LittleManzParents » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:45 pm

Hey respect,

Are you doing the GAP diet with your little one?

respect

Postby respect » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:03 am

No, LMP, we are barely managing SCD.

nutritionini

Postby nutritionini » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:51 pm

I agree. The book is wonderful. If you are already doing the SCD this will be an easy addition with the Bio-kult (the authors recommended probiotic). You don't need to buy it from the UK though (too much shipping cost). I purchased the book and probiotic from [url]www.nutrivene.com. It is also recommended to take CLO which I know most families are already doing.

Noahsgift

Postby Noahsgift » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:11 pm

It is probably the 3rd best book I have read, only behind Children With Starving Minds and Healing the New Epidemics by Kenneth Bock. It really goes into deep explanation about the gut/brain connection. Wonderful read!! We are already doing the SCD Diet along with some of the GAPS recipes. So far so good!! It really makes since now. My son is getting better every day. This is the only thing that has every helped my son!! SCD is really helping us out. This is a must read for any parent out there that is just ready to give up on helping their children. When supplements have failed us, this diet has been the spark that has kept me alive when nothing else helped. I hope all those mothers who are fed up because nothing seems to work will give this book a try as well as the SCD Diet. You can do it!!!

Blessings,
Misty
God will never give you more than you can handle at a given time.

http://chicksrus.blogspot.com/

mommyjen

Postby mommyjen » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:05 pm

This book is really great and explains a lot. It is one of the best books I have read on autism. I think it is better than starving brains by mccandless although that one was good as well. It really goes into the depth I was looking for in a book and doesn't just glaze the surface with a bunch of different possibilities. It is expensive but worth the read. You can always see if someone will loan it to you if you can't afford it.

I do think the hardest thing for us as parents is going to be figuring out which foods our kids have reactions to. I just found out my daughter can't tolerate apples. She was tantruming like crazy for 3 months here recently and finally we took out applesauce and all of the sudden we have a happy girl again.

Mommy to:
7 yr old girl
6 yr old girl with ASD
3 yr old girl
New Baby boy
~

mommyjen

Postby mommyjen » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:15 pm

* :)

Mommy to:
7 yr old girl
6 yr old girl with ASD
3 yr old girl
New Baby boy
~

Kari

Re: Dr Natasha Campbell McBride Gut and Psychology Syndrome

Postby Kari » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:33 pm

My new favorite book. I should have had this a long time ago. It would have saved me a lot of research time. I especially like that she doesn't recommend a ton of supplements.

Return to “Autism Book Reviews”