What would you have done differently at the beginning?

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

monkeyman

Re: What would you have done differently at the beginning?

Postby monkeyman » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:48 pm

Thanks Father,

I will ask again about HBOT next month when I see our DAN! doctor. Interesting to hear about the connection between Piracetam and HBOT as well. Are you saying that Piracetam has the same action on the body as HBOT, or you used it in conjunction with HBOT?

Our DAN! doctor definitely passed my "character" test, so at this point I trust her. I don't even want to think about any motive other than helping to heal our kids as fast as possible. An action plan based on keeping a patient for years just to collect money is unthinkable.

Good info about ALA. I think that's a part of the AC chelation protocol. Maybe we can try that on it's own. Again, another question for the doc.

I hope the test results we are waiting for don't show a lot of gut issues. It sounds like that is really challenging to heal for a lot of us.

Thanks
MM

Gerald_36

Postby Gerald_36 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:00 pm

I have a family member that has autism and I am seeing some conversations about piracetam here. My concern before I recommend or we try it is the impurities in these kind of powders or supplements like they discuss here:

http://blogs.wsj.com/experts/2013/11/20/beware-the-impurities-in-natural-supplements/

Now first site I land on says they test for lab purity. Now what is that meaning? Anyone know here?

http://peaknootropics.com/

I want to recommend it to someone, but I don't want them buying it until I know more.

FatherOf2

Postby FatherOf2 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:41 pm

First, Piracetam is not a herb. Some herbs contain natural impurities because they are made out of plants. Piracetam is a chemical, synthesized in the lab. That is the main reason why USA prohibited selling it as a supplement (it is not a natural substance and, therefore, classified as a drug, which cannot be sold without an FDA approval). However, it is widely available in Europe by prescription (nootropil is the original name that you can trust). You can still buy Piracetam in USA, but at your own risk because its makers cannot claim any health benefits (need an FDA approval for that).

About impurities. Any supplement will contain them. Even the food that you eat every day contains impurities, but, for some reason, people are less concerned about eating lead or arsenic as part of a salad than as part of a supplement. A good thing about supplements sold in USA is that they are supposed to comply with USP limits on impurities. Some supplement makers will offer a 3rd-party Certificate of Analysis of their supplements, which shows the level of impurities. I know only one US company that cells Piracetam with a 3rd-part CoA - relentnessimprovement:

https://supplements.relentlessimprovement.com/piracetam-p240.aspx

Or buy Nootropil in foreign pharmacies (need a prescription for that).

makingitpossible

Postby makingitpossible » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:16 am

Fatherof2-
I like some of your theories. HBOT is something we never did try. She was a C-section baby also.

Supplements have really been a huge waste of time for us too. We still do only 3-4 supplements most biomed parents do I would imagine (a few probiotics, B12 shots, folinic and cod liver oil). The rest is just whole food stuff you would take anyways.

It seems like everytime I think I want to try a new supplement and do research forever and get excited about trying it things go for the worse.

We are on maintenance right now. She has such a long road in front of her and may never be fully communicable but for now she is progressing and with the huge regressions of biomed that is a good path for us now.

I would at this point be much more open to alternative therapies that don't involve pills like something like HBOT or cranosacial therapy. We just started reflex integration this past week.

I compare my daughter to all her cousins and the 50 plus kids in our family none of which have autsim and the only thing that was different with my daughter was I and she were vegetarians for a long time. I think she had too many strikes against her at birth...C-section, Hep B vaccine, Vitamin K shot, I was on IV antibodics and so she got them through breastmilk and then I was malnourished.
I had complications toward the later part of my pregnancy as a result of being so malnourished being a vegetarian. I have recently found that out. I requested my labs. They did check a lot of my labs prior to the C-section. It was bad. My labs even indicated a megablastic anemia. They of course didn't bother telling me so I continued with my high phytate low nutrient vegetarian diet for 3-4 years after I had her. I had to stop breastfeeding after 13 months because my acne was so bad I couldn't stand to look in the mirror anymore.
I watched a webinar and 7 days after you become vegetarian or vegan if you scrap the cells of your tongue and look inside for zinc you are already deficient.
The closer I am to Paleo the less acne I have. In fact I don't have to wear make-up anymore.
Unfortunately I think some of it for my daughter is permanent. Not that she won't ever improve or even be fully functional as an adult I do believe she can but what would I have done differently in the beginning...OMG too much.

Gerald_36

Postby Gerald_36 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:35 am

Thanks Father of 2. That makes it clear.

AIM

Postby AIM » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:06 am

I would have started using CD/MMS (chlorine dioxide) protocol at the earliest.
One way to evaluate interventions/protocols/physicians is to look for the resulting recoveries and verify them.
In ASD land often there is no strategy, a lot of parents lack the time, resources, critical thinking and keep trying random interventions. There are so many new things constantly being promoted with on proven track record of recovery and safety.

As a priority detox thoroughly by addressing toxins and pathogens first. This brings great improvements in general health and gradually most ASD symptoms are gone. Lot of other interventions later become unnecessary.

Pirsig

Postby Pirsig » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:19 am

I would have started with all of the biomedical interventions sooner - we started when my daughter was 2.5 years old. In retrospect, we should have seen the signs sooner and got her started sooner.

I would also have started low, frequent dose Andy Cutler protocol much earlier. We waited because we thought the gut had to be completely healed before starting chelation and were scared of the side effects. Methyl B12 shots, soft chamber HBOT, and AC chelation have been the 3 biggies for us. The other interventions have been supportive to get the max benefits (synergistic effects) from these three.

elvyd

Postby elvyd » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:02 am

What can you say about modafinil-based drugs using to suppress symptoms of autism in adult?

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”